Crock Pot Split Pea Soup. Discover a delicious split pea soup recipe with ham hocks, carrots, and dried split peas. It's cooked in the crock pot and is easy to customize. Split pea soup is pure comfort food for many and it's surprisingly easy to make at home.
Delicious crock pot recipes for Pot Roast, Pork, Chicken, soups and desserts! Welcome to our site dedicated to all things slow cooking! This is a great way to make split pea soup – just let it cook itself all day long. You can have Crock Pot Split Pea Soup using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crock Pot Split Pea Soup
- Prepare 7 cup of water.
- You need 1 packages of Dry Split Green Peas (1lb bag of beans).
- You need 1 packages of Smithfield Ham Slice, diced (1.5 lb).
- It’s 1 each of Onion, diced.
- You need 1 each of Green Bell Pepper, diced.
- You need 2 stick of Celery, chopped.
- You need 3 stick of Carrots, chopped.
- It’s 4 dash of Onion Powder.
- Prepare 1 of Salt.
- It’s 1 of Black Pepper.
- Prepare of Garlic Powder.
- It’s of Crushed Red Pepper.
I like the addition of rice in this recipe. Pour chicken broth and water over all. Remove the meat from the bone and discard the bone. You can mash the peas, spoon them into the blender, or use an immersion blender to make the soup creamier.
Crock Pot Split Pea Soup instructions
- Add thick coat of NON STICK SPRAY to your Crock Pot ( slow cooker )..
- Add water, beans, celery, bell pepper, onion, carrots and seasonings..
- Add diced ham ( it is cheaper to buy the big thick slice and dice yourself ) … Give a good stir to thoroughly combine..
- Cook on high 6-8 hours. ( Or cook on low 10-12 ).
- Optional: Serve with warm sliced bread/crackers! Enjoy!.
This crockpot split pea soup recipe is not only good and healthy but really inexpensive to make too! If you don't have a leftover ham bone you usually can find a ham hocks/shanks in the meat dept for next to nothing. Crock-pot® split pea soup is a vegetable-based soup made from peas and other ingredients that are freshly prepared and simmered in a crock-pot®. A When preparing crock-pot® split pea soup, many cooks use vegetable broth as a base. Alternately, vegetarian or chicken bouillon cubes may.