Broccolli Cheddar Soup. Enjoy your favorite restaurant's broccoli Cheddar soup any time with this delicious recipe! My husband loves Panera® broccoli cheddar soup but it went up in price and therefore we set out on a. Broccoli Cheddar Soup is pretty much exactly what it sounds like: a soup of pureed broccoli and broth with cheese.
Broccoli Cheddar Soup With Cheesy Croutons. Photo by Emma Fishman, Food Styling by Yekaterina Boytsova. You're looking for a soup that's rich. You can have Broccolli Cheddar Soup using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Broccolli Cheddar Soup
- Prepare 6 Tablespoons of Butter (2 tbls/ 4 tbls).
- It’s 1 of medium sweet yellow Onion diced.
- Prepare 1 clove of Garlic minced.
- It’s 1/3 Cup of Flour.
- It’s 2 Cups of Chicken Stock/broth.
- It’s 4 Cups of Half n Half.
- It’s 6 Cups of chopped Broccolli.
- It’s 2 of large Carrots peeled and sliced thin (1/16 inch slices).
- Prepare 3/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 3/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- You need 16 oz. of medium sharp Cheddar Cheese grated.
- You need of Saute onion in.
Unlike some broccoli cheddar soups, my Broccoli Cheddar Soup doesn't use heavy cream and is ever so slightly lighter on the cheese, so you still get all that creamy. Healthy broccoli cheddar soup packed with carrots, broccoli, garlic, and cheese. This broccoli cheddar soup recipe is SO satisfying! It's loaded with fresh broccoli, and creamy thanks to a potato and cheddar cheese (no It's about time you met this broccoli cheddar soup recipe.
Broccolli Cheddar Soup step by step
- Saute onions in 2 tablespoons of butter until onions is caramelized and looks translucent..
- Add minced garlic to onions and saute 1 minute max while stirring constantly. Remove from heat and set aside..
- In a large soup pot with weighted bottom (if possible so soup doesn't stick) add the other 4 tablespoons of butter, flour, and cook on medium heat for approx. 5 minutes while whisking constantly with wire whip until mixture is thickened. This is an important step. If this mixture doesn't thinking properly, soup will not thicken later in the process..
- Slowly add the chicken stock/broth while whisking constantly..
- Slowly add Half n Half while whisking constantly. Simmer on low temp for about 20 minutes..
- Then add broccolli, carrots, and the onions and garlic mixture you set aside earlier. Also add salt, pepper, and cayenne. Simmer for another 20-25 minutes. By this time, soup should have thickened some. Whisk often to break up skim that forms on top of soup..
- Go ahead and stir in most, but not all of the cheese saving some for garnish. Give cheese a chance to melt. (About 1 minute DO NOT use pre-grated cheese! The flavor is just not there and that's crucial to this soup..
- At this point, go ahead and serve soup into individual bowls and add a little cheese to the top of each bowl. If you have kids, add a few goldfish crackers to peak their interest..
- Leftover soup can be kept in air tight containers for 1 week only! Warm in microwave. Enjoy!.
This Broccoli Cheddar Soup is the also a meal prep friendly recipe, so you can make it in a large We wanted to make this broccoli cheddar soup not only delicious but also healthier than the. Broccoli cheese soup is the perfect thing to make when it's cold outside, and you want to Broccoli and cheddar cheese go well together in almost any recipe, but this broccoli cheddar soup recipe is. This soup was born on a hungry weeknight, when I was looking for a meal made with ingredients I almost always keep on hand. A very good broccoli cheese soup. Note: you can purée half of your soup in a blender or with a handheld immersion blender if you choose however.