Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup. A smooth vegetable soup with blue cheese that's great for a comforting meal. A broccoli and stilton soup recipe triple-tested by the BBC Good Food team. Also reserve a small handful of crumbled cheese.
This Soup recipe is so easy to make and extra special because this is my Mom's recipe and I love this. Light and creamy broccoli soup with Danish blue cheese. The blue cheese can be substituted for other cheeses such as blue Stilton or Gorgonzola. You can have Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup
- Prepare 25 ml of oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 stalk of celery, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of carrot, cubed about 0,5 cm.
- It’s 1 of potato, cubed about 0.5cm.
- It’s 1 of stem leak, sliced.
- Prepare 1 bunch of parsley, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of broccoli.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of lt chicken or vegetable stock.
- You need 80 g of blue cheese, crumbled.
The creator of this creamy soup—Sunset reader Amy Bentley, of Scottsdale, Arizona—suggests using an American blue cheese; we especially like it with Point Reyes Original Blue. For years, I wished that I could duplicate the broccoli and cheese at Chili's, where I worked in college. But since it wasn't made at the restaurant, I couldn't. In a Dutch oven, melt the butter over medium-low heat.
Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup step by step
- Cut the stalks of the broccoli and cube them into about 0,5cm pieces. Then cut the flowers smaller..
- Preheat a pot on a medium to high heat. Fry onions in oil for about 10 minutes or until translucent..
- Put in the butter. Followed by the rest of the vegetables, excluding the broccoli flowers and the parsley. Fry for 10 minutes..
- Add the stock, salt and pepper, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Now add the broccoli flowers and parsley, simmer for another 20 minutes stirring occasionally..
- Remove from the stove. Dish out half of the soup and set aside. Add the blue cheese to the remainder of the soup and blend with a stick blender. Now put the other half back in. Place the pot back onto the heat. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes..
Use the immersion blender to thoroughly blend the. This broccoli and stilton soup is perfect for warming up on a cold winter evening. Carefully blend the soup until completely smooth, then check the seasoning. Divide among four warmed soup bowls and top with crumbled Stilton, a drizzle of oil and a sprinkle of chilli flakes. The most popular new book about soup and only soup comes from British restaurateur John Vincent and food writer Jane Vincent.