Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe. Word of caution: after cheese has melted, turn stove heat down to low or the cheese will stick to the bottom of pot. This flavorful soup is made without heavy cream, milk or flour—or even This broccoli cheddar soup recipe is so satisfying! It's loaded with fresh broccoli, and Divide the soup into bowls and top with a sprinkle of cheese, plus some thinly sliced chives and/or.
How to make Broccoli Cheese Soup. This soup recipe is super simple: Start by melting the butter in a Dutch oven or heavy soup pot. You can reheat it on the stove top over low heat. You can have Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe
- It’s 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of large carrot, peeled and finely diced.
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of unsalted butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of unsalted chicken or vegetable broth.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of milk at room temperature.
- It’s 2 of heaping cups fresh chopped broccoli florets.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded + extra for topping.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of each salt, pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of dried thyme.
- You need 1/8 tsp. of each dried oregano, ground nutmeg.
How Many Carbs In Broccoli Cheese Soup? Since most broccoli cheese soup recipes, whether they are homemade or at restaurants, contain starch as a thickener, they are. This post may contain affiliate links. A very good broccoli cheese soup.
Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe instructions
- Place the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add in the carrots and onions and cook, stirring frequently, until onion is translucent…about 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook a minute or so more, until fragrant. Then add in the butter and let it melt down..
- Gradually whisk in the flour in small batches. Whisk constantly until all the flour is added and incorporated. Mixture will be very thick. Allow the mix to cook for 1 minute, continuing to whisk..
- Whisk in the broth in small amounts, whisking constantly, until fully incorporated. Once all the broth is added, whisk in the milk and increase heat to med-high. Let this mixture come to a low boil..
- Once it reaches a boil, stir in the broccoli and lower the heat to med-low. Allow to simmer until the broccoli is tender…about 7-9 minutes. (If using larger sized florets, it may take longer). Then stir in the cream cheese and let that melt down into the soup..
- Stir in the seasonings and taste to see if you think it needs anything else. Then, if you'd like a less chunky soup, use an immersion blender to puree to the desired consistency. You could also use a blender or food processor in small batches, just be careful not to burn yourself..
- Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in both of the shredded cheeses until it is all melted and incorporated in. That's it, you're ready to serve!.
Fresh broccoli cheese soup is a delicious meal for a winter's night. You can make it with fresh or This recipe calls for sharp cheddar cheese and an array of fresh vegetables. Read on for a basic Place it in a heavy stockpot or Dutch oven, then place the pot on the stove and turn on the burner to. This Broccoli Cheese Soup is easy, creamy, and a perfect cozy classic. Broccoli cheese soup, in case you needed reminding, is going to bring several good things into your life: a delicate start of.