Salted Egg Yolk Custard Mooncakes (蛋黃奶皇月餅).
You can cook Salted Egg Yolk Custard Mooncakes (蛋黃奶皇月餅) using 19 ingredients and 32 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Salted Egg Yolk Custard Mooncakes (蛋黃奶皇月餅)
- Prepare of Salted Egg Yolk Custard Filling.
- You need 35 g of cake flour.
- Prepare 40 g of custard powder.
- You need 35 g of milk powder.
- It’s 100 g of sugar.
- Prepare 20 ml of evaporated milk or full fat milk.
- Prepare 170 ml of coconut milk.
- Prepare 2 of eggs (set aside some for egg wash).
- You need 80 g of unsalted butter (softened, cubed).
- Prepare 5-6 of salted egg yolk (optional).
- You need of Mooncake Crust.
- It’s 500 g of cake flour.
- You need 220 g of unsalted butter (or 2 sticks; softened, cubed).
- Prepare 50 ml of evaporated milk or full fat milk.
- You need 36 g of custard powdder.
- Prepare 100 g of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 1 of tiny bit of dark soy sauce for egg wash.
- It’s 1 tsp of honey for glaze.
Salted Egg Yolk Custard Mooncakes (蛋黃奶皇月餅) step by step
- Make the salted egg yolk custard filling..
- Take 5-6 salted egg yolks and roll them in a bit of oil. Steam them for 15 mins..
- After steaming the salted egg yolks when they are still warm, crush them with a fork. Set aside..
- Mix the dry ingredients together: cake flour, custard powder, milk powder, and sugar..
- From the two eggs, set aside some for the egg wash when baking the mooncakes..
- Add evaporated milk, coconut milk, the remainder of the 2 eggs, and softened butter to the dry ingredients. Mix everything well. Keep the salted egg yolks aside..
- Steam the custard filling for 15-20 mins..
- When steaming is done, there will be a layer of oil. While the filling is hot, mix the butter/oil together with the crushed salted egg yolk back into the filling..
- Place cooled filling on a piece of plastic wrap and form a long log shape. Wrap well to prevent leaking and drying out..
- Place the custard filling in the fridge to chill for 2 hours at least..
- While the custard is being chilled, let's make the mooncake crust pastry..
- Mix together the dry ingredients first: cake flour, custard powder, and powdered sugar..
- Add the unsalted butter, evaporated milk and 1 egg. Mix everything together..
- Also place the pastry in the fridge until the custard filling is ready..
- After chilling the custard filling for at least 2 hours, divide the filling and crust into equal portions by weighing them..
- To make 20 mooncakes (75g each), divide the filling into 30g a piece and the crust into 45g a piece. Roll each piece into a small ball..
- Prepare a large baking sheet and place a piece of parchment paper on top. This is for placing the mooncakes after stamping with the mold..
- Place a piece of the crust pastry onto a small piece of plastic wrap. Roll flat or press flat with your hand into a circle of about 3-3.5 inch..
- Place a piece of the custard filling onto the flatted crust pastry. Gather up the corners of the plastic wrap and twist at the top so the crust fully wraps around the custard filling and forms a tight ball..
- Unwrap the mooncake dough from the plastic. Squeeze it a little to form a slightly oblong shape rather than a sphere. The longer shape helps putting into the mooncake mold easier..
- Sprinkle the dough with a bit of flour. Place the dough into the mooncake mold..
- Press the mold onto the mooncake on a flat, hard surface 4-5 times. Release the mooncake from the mold onto the baking sheet. Line the mooncakes neatly..
- Once all the mooncakes are stamped with the mold, place the baking sheet into the fridge to chill for 30 mins..
- Pre-heat the oven to 450°F..
- After chilling the mooncakes for 30 mins, lightly brush all surfaces (top and sides) with the egg wash. Save some egg wash for a second brushing (can be less for mooncake tops only)..
- Place the moooncakes onto the oven's middle rack. Bake at 450°F for 6 mins..
- Take the mooncakes out and let them cool down for 5 mins. Keep the oven at 450°F..
- Add a tiny bit of dark soy sauce into the remainder of the egg wash. Use a small, clean paint brush to brush the egg wash onto the pattern of the mooncake surface. No need to brush the sides. This is to highlight the pattern for it to stand out more..
- Bake the mooncakes at 450°F for another 6 mins..
- Mix 1 tsp of honey with some hot water in a small bowl. Brush the warm mooncakes with the honey glaze..
- Let the mooncakes cool down a bit. Enjoy!.
- Storage: I suggest placing the mooncakes into the fridge if you can't finish them all within 3 days. For a slightly crunchy crust on following days, reheat and toast the mooncakes for a few minutes before serving..
Eating 14 Superfoods Is A Great Way To Go Green And Be Healthy Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one aspect of adopting a green lifestyle that many individuals appreciate. It is possible to attain this, even in this fast-paced world we live in. We should take a step back and fix diseases before they occur. A lot of folks think nothing of abusing their bodies today and fixing them with a pill later. No matter where you look, you find out about some magic pill that will at once fix your latest problem. There are certain pills that help, but only if you make a few essential alterations in your life. As soon as your body wears out, you can’t exchange it for a new one, like your car. You have to look after yourself while you are able to. Proper nutrition is important for your body to work at best levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without determining if what you are eating is healthy for you? How often do you eat at your local fast food restaurant or buy junk food at the local mini mart? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and fatty food that most people ingest, it’s not surprising that new diseases are discovered on a regular basis. The foods we are eating cause obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of epidemic proportions. People are choosing to eat better now that they realize how crucial food choices are to their health. Many nutritious food can now be being sold at your local health food store or farmer’s market. In all probability, your local grocery store today has an organic food aisle. There you will be able to see what science has named superfoods. “Superfoods” refers to 14 foods that have been discovered to slow down or reverse certain maladies. By ingesting these foods, your body will more fit. You will begin to feel a lot better when you decide to ingest the superfoods in place of junk food. Giving your body the nutrition it requires will help it to run well. By doing this, your immune system will easil
y fend off diseases. See to it that you integrate these superfoods into your daily eating routine. Why not eat a few beans or blueberries? Add some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Whole cereals, and oats, along with an assortment of nuts, primarily walnuts. In addition, you may want to include salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. By eating these superfoods on a regular basis, you should get rid of any problems with gaining weight. You will enjoy good health when you choose to eat the green living way. You will see that your immune system becomes healthier and your body will be able to fend off disease. You can anticipate a healthy future by altering your food choices right now.