Bacon Cheddar Broccoli Soup. Enjoy your favorite restaurant's broccoli Cheddar soup any time with this delicious recipe! My husband loves Panera® broccoli cheddar soup but it went up in price and therefore we set out on a hunt to create the perfect broccoli cheddar soup. I'm a big fan of cheddar broccoli soup but it can be hard to make at home without it becoming clumpy or greasy.
This broccoli cheddar soup is one of those dishes that you can really make your own. I cooked the bacon in my cast iron and left the bacon there. Then added broccoli and all other ingredients. You can have Bacon Cheddar Broccoli Soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bacon Cheddar Broccoli Soup
- Prepare 3 ounces of butter.
- Prepare 3 ounces of flour by weight.
- Prepare 1 pound of broccoli flowerets — rough chopped.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic- finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of of red bell pepper — small diced.
- You need 1 cup of Sweet onion — small diced.
- It’s 1 1/2 quarts of chicken stock.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of thyme.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 8 ounces of half and half.
- You need 1 cup of cheddar cheese – shredded.
- You need 5 slices of bacon cooked and diced fine.
The key for the cheddar to incorporate is to add it last and stir constantly while adding the. How to make Broccoli Cheddar Soup. Place large pot over medium heat and melt butter. DISCLOSURE Spoon Fork Bacon contains paid advertising banners and occasionally affiliate links, and sponsored posts.
Bacon Cheddar Broccoli Soup step by step
- Over a medium heat add the butter then the flour and stir constantly and cook for 3 minutes to make a white roux. (This will thicken the soup) Set aside..
- Simmer the broccoli, garlic, red bell pepper, onions and seasoning in chicken stock until tender. About 20 minutes.
- Whisk in the white roux until incorporated, stir and simmer for fifteen minutes..
- Puree the soup with hand blender, food processor or blender; start off slow so that you do not burn yourself..
- Return the soup to the stove and bring to a simmer and add cheese and half and half until melted..
- Add in the chopped bacon.
- Adjust seasoning and serve.
Is there anything more hearty, cheesy and perfect than Broccoli Cheddar soup? Broccoli Cheddar Soup is pretty much exactly what it sounds like: a soup of pureed broccoli and broth with cheese. Although it's pureed, it does still have some texture in it from small bits of broccoli, which is very welcome. There are a few keys to making this soup really special Unlike some broccoli cheddar soups, my Broccoli Cheddar Soup doesn't use heavy cream and is ever so slightly lighter on the cheese, so you still Most of my soup recipes are big batch so you can freeze the leftovers and stock your freezer with all that goodness, but this Broccoli Cheddar Soup is. Easy Broccoli Cheddar Soup with Bacon – Savory Tooth.