Cheesy broccoli chicken soup. I was in the mood for something chickeny, broccolliy, cheesy, and spicy as well – so I made a few changes. First, I sauteed a whole large yellow onion with three cloves of garlic – then added the roux ingredients and cooked it. Combine chicken breasts, chicken broth, potatoes, broccoli and onion in the bowl of a Crock-Pot.
My easy Broccoli Soup is a simple Cream of Broccoli Soup that's thick and creamy with an extra hit of flavour from cheddar cheese! Don't forget warm crusty bread for dunking! How to make chicken and broccoli soup? You can cook Cheesy broccoli chicken soup using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheesy broccoli chicken soup
- You need of soup.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter.
- It’s 4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 4 cup of water.
- You need 8 cup of broccoli.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of pepper.
- Prepare 32 oz of velveta cheese.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s of chicken.
- Prepare 2 each of chicken breast.
- It’s 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 dash of pepper.
- Prepare 1 dash of salt.
Make the base: Start by sautéing onion, celery, carrot and chopped broccoli stalks until soft and fragrant then add garlic and seasoning. Add chicken stock, milk and cornstarch mix (optional to thicken) and bring to a simmer. Easy Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Soup Recipe – a delicious, hearty, creamy and cheesy broccoli soup with tons of shredded chicken flavor that the whole family. Put water, bullion, broccoli, chicken (whole, not cut up), salt, and pepper in large stock pot.
Cheesy broccoli chicken soup instructions
- Combine milk, water, broccoli, salt, pepper, and garlic in stock pot at medium heat..
- cut butter stick into slices and add to soup..
- cut the entire block of cheese into slices or cubes to reduce the melt time and avoid clumps..
- Cook for 30 minutes stirring often to avoid burning anything on the bottom of the pot..
- take chicken and slice into fillets so that it cooks evenly. pan sear in olive oil while putting salt and pepper on each side.
- once chicken is cooked, remove and cut into cubes..
- add chicken as desired to pot, or as garnish to individual bowls depending on the person eating, garnish with shredded cheese if desired..
- Enjoy :].
Take out chicken breast set aside to cool slightly. Melt butter and stir in four. Slowly stir mixture into soup and cook until the soup thickens. Chicken is simmered with a variety of condensed soups, cheese, milk and mushrooms. It's delightful when served with crusty bread.