Seared Chicken Breast w/ Shrimp and Scalloped Potato.
You can have Seared Chicken Breast w/ Shrimp and Scalloped Potato using 26 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Seared Chicken Breast w/ Shrimp and Scalloped Potato
- You need of Chicken Breast.
- It’s 2 of chicken breasts 1/2lb ea.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of thyme flakes.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter, unsalted.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of lime, zested.
- You need of Potatoes.
- You need 8 of small potatoes.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter, unsalted.
- You need of Shrimp.
- It’s 10 of frozen shrimp (thawed, peeled and deveined).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Magic Seafood Seasoning.
- It’s 1 tbsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of butter unsalted.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- You need 3 tbsp of sour cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 1/4 cup of matchstick carrots.
- You need 1/4 cup of green onion, chived.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of real bacon bits.
Seared Chicken Breast w/ Shrimp and Scalloped Potato step by step
- Cut tips of potatoes off and slice long ways octagonal until all the skin is off. Then cut in half. Use a peeler to bevel the tips. Place in cool water with salt. Set aside.
- Thaw the shrimp by placing under cook water in a strainer for 5-7min and slowly massing shrimp with hand under cook water..
- Pat down shrimp with paper towels to remove excess water. Place back in empty bowl and add pepper and seafood seasoning. Shake well to make sure it gets all over the shrimp..
- Get the chicken breasts to room temp (about 1/2 hr) and pat dry with paper towels. Season both sides with salt and pepper and thyme flakes. In a skillet heat pan and butter to medium high. Add olive oil and place breasts in pan. Don’t move. Let sear about 7 minutes. Flip and sear the other side about 5-7min..
- At the same time, in another skillet under medium high heat add butter until frothed. Add potatoes, and minced garlic. Let sear until browning and flip. Sear other side and baste with the juices until other side is nice and brown..
- Preheat oven to 350°. Once chicken and potatoes are ready, place both in the oven for roughly 15min or until the chicken breasts are 165° internal temp. Remove from oven and let rest (5-7min).
- Meanwhile, in another skillet with the stove still at medium high heat, toss in butter an olive oil and let froth. Add in shrimp and sauté it until it’s nice and colored. Remove shrimp from pan and set aside..
- In same skillet toss in chived green onion, carrots and bacon bits with the juices from the shrimp. Continue to sauté until done to likeness..
- Add in milk and sour cream and stir until well blended. Reduce heat and let thicken just slightly. (You can can more milk or sour cream if it gets to thick). Toss shrimp back in and let coat with sauces..
- Slice chicken breasts and place several prices on plate. Add the shrimp and sauce. Place scalloped potatoes around shrimp and sauce. (You can also use the sauce to dress over the potatoes). Zest with lime..
- Serve and enjoy!.
Consuming 14 Superfoods Is A Great Way To Go Green For Better Health One of the greatest reasons for green living is to slow down and enjoy life. It is possible to accomplish this, even in this fast-paced world we are in. We need to get back to the point where it was a lot better to avoid disease in the first place. Too many individuals have the attitude of ruining the body today, and fix it with a pill the next day. It isn’t possible to turn around without seeing advertisements about the current pill to deal with your health problems. Yes, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you hold on to the same old negative habits. When your body quites functioning right, you cannot get a new one. You shouldn’t postpone it or it will be too late to look after your health. Your body cannot work properly if it does not receive adequate nutrition. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without finding out if what you are putting in your mouth is healthy for you? How often do you consume mini mart junk food, or fatty fried foods from the local fast food eating places? As most people choose to consume foods full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are being discovered. The foods we are consuming are causing obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of pandemic proportions. A lot of people are finally recognizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more conscious about their health. Lots of good food are now available at your local health food store or farmer’s market. In all probability, your local grocery store today has an organic food section. This aisl is filled with what are now recognized as superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been shown to retard certain diseases, or even reverse them. You will observe that you think more clearly when you begin to consume these foods. As soon as you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be astonished at how healthy you will soon feel. Giving your body the nutrition it needs will help it to run optimally. When this happens, it will help your immune system to combat disease more efficiently. You need to include several superfoods in your diet everyday. Foods such as beans and berries are great to start. Add some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Don’t forget whole cereals and nuts. Moreover, you may wish to add salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. Making these foods a normal part of your diet will get rid of your weight gain problems. Following a green living eating plan will give you precisely what you need for good health. You will discover that your immune system becomes stronger and your body will be able to ward off disease. You can look forward to a healthy future by modifying your food choices right now.