Instant pot beef barley soup. A simple beef barley soup made in the instant pot (pressure cooker). PS – Up until recently, I've always used diced potatoes in my beef barley soup but the shredded potatoes is a little trick I picked up from The Food Charlatan and it's seriously the best thing in this soup! How to Make Instant Pot Beef Barley Soup.
Pressure Cooker Beef and Barley Soup. So, how many of you got an Instant Pot for Christmas?? I am still trying to figure mine out but what I have concluded is— the Instant Pot is not A few other great soups you may like are Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup, Hearty Beef Stew, and Easy Taco Soup. You can cook Instant pot beef barley soup using 22 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Instant pot beef barley soup
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of olive oil.
- It’s 2 lbs of cubed beef stew meat.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of diced white onion.
- It’s 1 cup of celery sliced.
- It’s 2 cups of sliced carrots.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare 2 (32 oz) of cartons beef broth.
- Prepare 1 (14 oz) of can petite diced tomatoes.
- You need 2 teaspoons of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of soy sauce.
- You need 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 packet of beef gravy mix.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder(I use turmeric twist).
- You need 2 teaspoons of fresh rosemary minced.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of fresh thyme minced.
- You need 3 Tablespoons of fresh parsley minced.
- You need 1 cup of chopped kale (I use frozen).
- You need 2 cups of quick cooking barley.
You don't want too big of chunks since this is a soup and you'll want to fit more on each spoonful than one hunk of meat. Next you'll use the saute function on your Instant Pot (or a large pot over medium-high heat). Beef & Barley Stew is a classic recipe w/ classic cooked-all-day flavors, made quickly in your pressure cooker. This Stew makes a wonderful winter dinner.
Instant pot beef barley soup step by step
- On the Saute setting heat olive oil and butter till hot and add beef, salt, pepper and garlic powder and mix up..
- Add in onion, carrots, celery and minced garlic and continue to cook till beef is browned..
- Add in broth, tomatoes, red wine vinegar, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, packet of gravy mix, turmeric, rosemary,thyme and parsley..
- Stir up and place lid on move knob to seal..
- Press meat / stew for 35 minutes normal high-pressure..
- After 35 minutes turn knob to vent to release steam be careful as it will be really hot..
- Make sure button is down before opening lid..
- Stir in barley and kale and place lid back on and let sit for 10 minutes..
- Enjoy with some baguette bread slices..
My Instant Pot Beef & Barley Stew recipe is a classic stew with super flavorful beef broth that has cooked-all-day. A soup that eats like a meal, right from your multicooker—comforting and satisfying to come home to on a cold autumn day. How to Make Beef Barley Soup on the Stovetop. Home » Recipes » Instant Pot Soup Recipes » Instant Pot Beef Barley Soup. This beef and barley soup is cozy, packed with veggies, and uses tons of pantry staples.