Split peas soup and Dombolo. This is a hearty split pea soup has a flavorful ham bone cooked with carrots, potatoes, onions, and a pinch of marjoram. I was going to blend the split peas before I added the other stuff, but they lost form and made the soup a lot thicker. I hope I can replicate this soup, it was off the hook!
This split pea soup recipe is adapted from one written by Julia Child years ago for a Parade Magazine article. Split Pea Soup is one of my favorite comfort meals. It's easy, inexpensive, delicious and GOOD FOR YOU! You can cook Split peas soup and Dombolo using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Split peas soup and Dombolo
- It’s 1 kg of split peas.
- Prepare 1 kg of lentils.
- Prepare 1 kg of barley.
- It’s 1 cube of chicken stock.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 250 ml of brown onion powdered soup.
- It’s 125 ml of hearty beef powdered soup.
- You need To taste of ground pepper.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
- It’s 2 tbs of canola oil.
The Wolfe Pit shows you how to make a hearty pot of. The mixture of split peas and lentils gives this vegetable soup a nice texture, especially once it is blended until smooth. While it takes a little over an hour to cook, it's mostly hands-off, making it an easy cold-weather meal. Hearty, protein packed split pea soup made with tender split peas, flavorful ham and fresh vegetables.
Split peas soup and Dombolo instructions
- Rinse and boil peas, lentils and barley until they all soft and tender..
- Once they are cooked add chicken stock to the mixture.
- In a small pot fry your onion once it's cooked pour it over the the cooked mixture of peas..
- Then as it cooks prepare the brown onion and hearty beef the pour it over the soup, these two sachet will thickens your soup and it will be tasty and delicious.
- Mine split peas soup will be enjoyed by dombolo. These are warming food as it is cold..
It's easy to make and perfect for the cold weather. Homemade Split Pea Soup, just like mom made growing up! This hearty, protein packed, comforting soup is made with tender split peas, flavorful. It's soup weather, and split pea soup is one of my personal favorites! It's so easy to whip up, you'll never eat it from a can again.