Chilli Con Carne Soup. This easy chilli con carne recipe is a quick and classic sharing option for a casual night with friends. Texans have claimed Chili as their own, even going as far to legally make it the official dish of Texas (!!?). The dish known simply as Chili in the US and Canada is known as Chilli Con Carne here in Australia and in the UK.
This belly warming dish of meaty, spicy joy is a regular on our dinner table. Meanwhile, heat the baguette in the oven following pack instructions. Sprinkle the soup with the cheese and spring onions, and serve with the hot garlic baguette. You can have Chilli Con Carne Soup using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chilli Con Carne Soup
- You need 200-250 g of Beef, Chicken OR Pork *cut into small pieces.
- You need 1 of Onion *finely chopped.
- It’s 1 clove of Garlic *finely chopped.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Oil.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of Hot Chilli Powder OR Cayenne Pepper.
- You need 1-2 teaspoons of Ground Paprika.
- It’s 1-2 teaspoons of Ground Cumin.
- You need 1-2 teaspoons of Ground Coriander Seeds.
- Prepare 1 of canned (400g) Diced Tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 cup of Stock of your choice.
- It’s 1 of canned (*400g) Beans of your choice *drained.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Oregano, Coriander Leaves or Parsley.
- It’s of Salt & Pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of cooked Barley.
Try our easy to follow chilli con carne soup recipe. Absolutely delicious with the best ingredients from Woolworths. Add cumin, coriander, lemon pepper and chilli. Struggling to make the perfect Chilli Con Carne?
Chilli Con Carne Soup instructions
- Heat Oil in a large saucepan or pot over medium-high heat, cook Onion, Garlic and Meat..
- Add Spices and stir-fry for a few minutes, add Tomatoes and Stock, bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add drained canned Beans and cooked Barley, and simmer for a few minutes. Add Oregano (OR Coriander Leaves or Parsley) and season with Salt & Pepper..
Nadia Sawalha is here to help you with her foolproof Lazy Mums Supper recipe. Quick and easy with just the. Chili con carne originated in the region spreading Southern Texas and Northern Mexico. It was originally a working class dish, something easy How to Make Chili con Carne – the Recipe Method. Heat a dry pan to medium-high heat and lightly toast the dried ancho.