Beef and vegetable Korean rice bowl aka bibimbap. Bibimbap (비빔밥) is a large bowl of rice topped with an array of individually prepared vegetables and meat and served with a gochujang (고추장) sauce. Bibim means mixing, and bap means rice. The mixing usually happens at the table by the diner. "Bibimbap" means "mixed rice" in Korean.
Bibimbap (Korean Rice Bowl with Beef and Vegetables) Recipe by YouTube: and그리고 – Cookpad Bibimbap (Korean Rice Bowl with Beef and Vegetables) The sauce of today's beef and vegetable bibimbap is a "special edition", it's mainly used to match with "the vegetables". more Bibimbap, sometimes found as Bi Bim Bap or Bi Bim Bop, is a Korean dish that consists of a bowl of white rice topped with vegetables, beef (or seafood) and a fried egg. It is served with gochujang (chili pepper paste) sauce and/or soy sauce. Jump to Recipe for Bibimbap (비빔밥) – Seasoned Vegetable and Beef Rice Bowl. You can have Beef and vegetable Korean rice bowl aka bibimbap using 24 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef and vegetable Korean rice bowl aka bibimbap
- It’s of Vegetables and rice.
- It’s 2 of carrots cut into matchsticks.
- You need 1 of courgette cut into matchsticks.
- It’s Half of bag of beansprouts.
- Prepare Box of shiitake mushrooms.
- It’s 3 of large handfuls of Spinach.
- Prepare 2 of x cooked rice pouches.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare of Cooking sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 3 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of mirin.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves finely grated.
- You need 1 tsp of freshly grated ginger.
- You need 1 tsp of toasted sesame seeds.
- It’s of Kimchi slaw.
- It’s Half of a red cabbage.
- It’s Half of a red onion.
- Prepare 2 of carrots thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of kimchi paste.
- It’s 1 tbsp of white wine vinegar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare of 300g lemongrass beef (see recipe – https://cookpad.com/uk/recipes/12882980-vietnamese-lemongrass-beef?invite_token=wGwuQtovp2vnnEHVPMHzXiAR&shared_at=1595745281).
- It’s 2-3 of fried eggs to serve.
I grew up eating Bibimbap at home. My mom made a bunch of side dishes and we assembled our rice bowls in whatever way we wanted. I always added more mushrooms to mine, less pepper sauce, and plenty of sesame oil to mix it together. What made this fun was the fact.
Beef and vegetable Korean rice bowl aka bibimbap instructions
- Prepare the beef according to the other recipe, allowing 1 hour to marinate..
- Finely shred / slice the veg for the kimchi slaw. Mix the kimchi paste, white wine vinegar and olive oil together and coat the veg. Set aside for later..
- Heat a heavy based pan with a tablespoon of sesame oil. Add the rice and leave to cook over a medium to low heat for 8-9 minutes..
- Then prepare the veg and mix together all of the ingredients for the cooking sauce..
- Meanwhile cook the veg, one at a time by heating another frying plan, adding 1 tbsp of the cooking sauce and cooking the first veg for 30 seconds in the sauce. Once cooked, place the veg on top of the rice. And move onto the next veg, following the same process..
- Once all veg is complete, add the marinated beef to the pan and cook for 3 minutes (I like mine to be pink) and add to the rice..
- Drizzle the remaining cooking sauce over the rice/ veg pot and fry the eggs..
- Fill a bowl with rice, veg and beef and top with a fried egg..
Bibimbap means mixed rice in Korean. But the mixing part doesn't happen right away. The traditional way to serve bibimbap is to arrange each bowl with rice on the bottom and little colorful piles of beef and veggies on top. That way you can fully appreciate each of the beautiful ingredients separately before you mix them all together. Make a little well in the spinach, mushrooms and beef and gently put an egg yolk into each or arrange the fried eggs (if using) over the dish.