Easy Eggplant Namul. Eggplant, fish sauce, garlic, green onion, hot pepper flakes, sesame oil, sesame seeds, soy sauce. I would like to share my favorite Korean recipes with you. I've been running Korean cooking class and food tour company in Seoul.
Gaji namul is a popular Korean summer side dish that is made with steamed eggplants. The traditional way of making this dish is to steam the eggplants and then tear them into small strips. Steamed Eggplant (Gaji Namul) is made by tossing the steamed eggplant in delicious Korean soy sauce seasoning. You can cook Easy Eggplant Namul using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Eggplant Namul
- It’s 3 of Eggplants (small).
- You need 1/2 clove of Garlic (grated).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Red chili pepper powder.
- You need 1 of Umami seasoning (as desired).
- It’s 1 dash of Salt.
- It’s 1 dash of Pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of Toasted sesame seeds.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Sesame oil.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ● Salt (for rubbing).
From spicy Szechuan eggplant to a twice-cooked eggplant with mint, here are six delicious Asian recipes featuring varieties of Oriental eggplants. Gaji Namul (steamed and seasoned eggplant, Korean style) is a delectable banchan (Korean side dish) that also can be served as a salad or appetizer. This recipe brings out the best in eggplant. Summer is eggplant season, and Eggplant NaMul is a delicious, quick side dish that you can make for your meal.
Easy Eggplant Namul step by step
- Cut the eggplant into 5 mm thick diagonal slices. Follow the Steps 1-4 fromto prepare the eggplant, and drain it well. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/147048-technique-for-preparing-delicious-eggplant.
- Heat up some sesame oil in a frying pan and stir-fry the eggplant..
- Once the eggplant is cooked, transfer it to a heat-resistant bowl and mix it with the garlic, chili powder, umami seasoning, salt, and pepper..
- Sprinkle some roasted sesame seeds on top and it's ready..
- [Addendum] You can use sliced red chili peppers instead of chili powder if you'd prefer. In that case, stir-fry the red chili peppers with the eggplant..
- [Related Recipe] Eggplant & Zucchini Namul,..
- [Related Recipe] Veggie-Packed 8 Ingredient Bibimbap,. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/147049-8-namul-bibimbap-with-lots-of-vegetables.
If you can't eat spicy food, you can skip the spicy ingredients for this recipe..steamed eggplant/ Gaji Namul easy to make you need only steamed eggplant and sauce. Here is the delicious and simple Korean steamed eggplant/Gaji Namul goes well with a bowl of rice. (Gaji-Namul / Gaji-Muchim). Split steamed eggplants for easy to eat. Put into dressing in bowl and gently mix it all with your clean hand. Find tasty dishes like eggplant Parmesan, ratatouille, easy pastas, tacos, and more.