Bitter Melon Namul. Great recipe for Bitter Melon Namul. I wanted to increase my repertoire of bitter melon recipes. Bitter melon generally causes few adverse reactions.
Momordica charantia (colloquially: bitter melon; bitter apple; bitter gourd; bitter squash; balsam-pear; with many more names listed below) is a tropical and subtropical vine of the family Cucurbitaceae. Bitter melon taste "bitter" just as the name suggests. The texture can be either crunchy or soft After this bitter melon has become a Chinese household regular vegetable and is as popular now as it was. You can cook Bitter Melon Namul using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bitter Melon Namul
- You need 1 of Bitter melon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt (to prepare the bitter melon).
- You need 2 of Green chili peppers.
- It’s 1 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 of Salt and pepper (to season).
- It’s 2 tsp of Dashida.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Sesame oil.
Bitter melon — also known as bitter gourd or Momordica charantia — is a tropical vine that belongs to the gourd family and is closely related to zucchini, squash, pumpkin, and cucumber. Bitter melon advocates boast its amalgam of health benefits. It is rich in iron, contains twice the beta-carotene of broccoli, twice the calcium of spinach and twice the potassium of banana. Learn more about Bitter Melon uses, effectiveness, possible side effects, interactions, dosage, user Bitter melon is a vegetable used in India and other Asian countries.
Bitter Melon Namul step by step
- Slice the bitter melon in half, and scoop out the seeds and pith with a spoon..
- Slice the bitter melon thinly, less than 5 mm thick. If it's sliced too thickly, the bitterness is more pronounced, so alter the thickness to your liking..
- Put the sliced bitter melon, a little water and 1/2 teaspoon of salt in a bowl. Mix lightly and leave for about 10 minutes..
- Mince the garlic and green chili peppers. If you touch the hot green chili peppers with your bare hands, it'll burn as if you were burnt, so I recommend wearing gloves..
- Stir fry the garlic and chili peppers in the sesame oil in a frying pan over low heat..
- Once the oil becomes fragrant, add the bitter melon. Stir fry over medium heat..
- When the bitter melon has become semi-translucent and glossy, season with the salt, pepper and dashida. Adjust the amount of dashida to taste..
- And it's done! Enjoy this with lots of rice or beer..
The fruit and seeds are used to. Bitter Melon or Bitter Gourd health benefits includes managing blood sugar and treating diabetes, enhancing body immunity, hemorrhoid relief, help sharpen vision, relieving asthma, enhance skin and. Bitter melon is widely used as vegetables in daily food in Bangladesh and several other countries in Asia. The fruits extract of bitter melon showed strong antioxidant and hypoglycemic activities in. Botanically bitter melon leaves are classified as Momordica charantia and is the member of Cucurbitaceae.