Packed with Iron! Spinach Namul. Today's recipe is a very simple version of a Korean spinach salad dish (Sigeumchi Namul banchan 시금치 나물 반찬). It's very easy and super quick to make. There are a couple of ways to make this spinach side dish, but the recipe I'm about to share here is mainly reliant on salt, garlic and sesame.
Once they are cooked, set aside the portions you need and keep them in. This Korean spinach dish side is easily customizable. If you want to use more or less of any of the ingredients, depending on your tastes, feel free to do so. You can have Packed with Iron! Spinach Namul using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Packed with Iron! Spinach Namul
- It’s 1 bunch of Spinach.
- You need 1 tsp of Sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Ground sesame seeds.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Japanese leek.
- Prepare 1 of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of Garlic (Finely-grated).
- It’s 1 of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 of Umami seasoning.
But you can feel good about a dish such as sigumchi namul, because spinach is one of the best plant-based foods you can eat. Garlic, green onion, sesame oil, sesame seeds, shredded red pepper, soy sauce, spinach. Sigeumchi namul is a classic Korean banchan of blanched spinach marinated in a garlic- and sesame-scented dressing. So whether you need some more greenery in your bringing-lunch-from-home routine or an easy, tasty side dish for your next dinner party, sigeumchi namul has got you covered.
Packed with Iron! Spinach Namul step by step
- Chop spinach into bite-sized pieces, mince Japanese leek, and finely grate garlic..
- Parboil spinach in salt water and squeeze out excess water. This is the most important point..
- Put well-drained spinach in bowl, toss with all ingredients on list from sesame oil to MSG, and mix evenly with hands. Sprinkle with salt to taste and serve..
Sigeumchi namul is a simple Korean side dish (banchan) made with spinach. Namul is the general term that refers to a seasoned vegetable dish, and sigeumchi means spinach in Korean. There are an infinite number of vegetables that are made into nauml dishes in Korea. These dry-fried green beans are tender, juicy and packed with umami, savory flavors. Korean Spinach Salad, seasoned with easy Asian condiments.