Crispy Shredded Chilli Beef (Takeaway Style). During LockDown let me show you just how simple it is to recreate Chinese Takeaway dishes in your own home. Quick and delicious recipe for the Chinese Takeaway classic Crispy Shredded Chilli Beef. Step-by-step photo recipe made with steak and honey.
Ditch the takeaway and whip up this Chinese flash-fried steak with a sweet gingery sauce and red peppers, from BBC Good Food. Add the crispy beef and stir to coat evenly. Take off the heat, stir in the sesame oil and serve straightaway with the green chilli scattered on top. You can cook Crispy Shredded Chilli Beef (Takeaway Style) using 25 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crispy Shredded Chilli Beef (Takeaway Style)
- It’s of For The Beef:.
- It’s 200 g of beef medallion steak,.
- Prepare 1 of baking tray of potato starch or cornflour, (around 6-7 tbsp),.
- It’s 2 of medium eggs, beaten,.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cornflour (for slurry),.
- It’s of Around 350ml cold water,.
- It’s of For The Sweet Chilli Sauce:.
- You need 4 tbsp of low sugar ketchup,.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of organic runny honey or honey alternative,.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of light soy sauce,.
- You need 2 tbsp of white wine vinegar,.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of HP brown sauce,.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ginger pureé paste, or a thumb fresh ginger, chopped,.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, crushed,.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s of Other Ingredients:.
- You need 1 of medium carrot, cut into long very thin batons,.
- You need 1/2 of a small onion cut into very thin strips,.
- It’s 3 of spring onions cut long lengthways,.
- Prepare 1-2 of fresh Birdseye red chillies, seeds in, cut into fine rings,.
- It’s 1 tsp of MSG (optional).
- You need of Vegetable or Sunflower cooking oil.
- It’s of Serving suggestions:.
- Prepare of Egg noodles,.
- Prepare of Egg fried or steamed rice.
More from Chinese Takeaway Cookbook Crispy shredded beef. Create this classic takeaway favourite in minutes with our quick and easy recipe using Blue Dragon Sweet Chilli Sauce. Combine the eggs, salt and corn flour then coat the beef strips. Made with fresh ingredients and packed full of flavour, this quick and easy recipe for Crispy Shredded Chilli Beef is a guaranteed winner!
Crispy Shredded Chilli Beef (Takeaway Style) step by step
- Make a slurry (no lumps), of cold water and 1 tbsp cornflour in a bowl. Set aside. Take the beef steak. Trim off any fat. Take a piece of cling film and lay it over the beef. Using a rolling pin smash the beef out nice and thin, (unless it's already a very thin cut). This makes the meat go further and also partially tenderises it. Now using a really sharp knife, and cutting against the grain of the meat, slice the steak into really thin long strips, around 3-4mm wide..
- Place the thin beef strips into the cornflour slurry and leave to sit at room temperature, or if you'd like in a fridge for an hour. This removed the blood from the beef and makes it really soft and tender..
- Once the hour has passed, remove the beef and set upon some kitchen towel to remove any excess water. Dredge the beef into the beaten egg, then place onto the tray scattered with the cornflour until evenly coated. I'd recommend not using your hands for this but using a couple of forks to toss the strips in the cornflour/potato starch, otherwise it'll get very messy as it'll clump into your hands!.
- Heat some oil up in a wok until hot (around 1 cm deep, enough for shallow frying). Once really hot place the beef strips in to shallow fry. You may need to do this in two batches. Replenish the cooking oil if needed between batches. As the beef fries, make up the sweet chilli sauce by combining all the ingredients listed on the sauce section of the recipe. Stir until no lumps are seen..
- Once the beef is done, lay it on kitchen towel to remove any excess oil. Discard any random small chunks of batter from the beef. Next discard the tainted oil from the wok carefully. Leave enough oil to coat the wok. Add in the carrots and onion strips and stir fry for a couple of minutes then add in the red chillies and spring onion plus the MSG. Stir fry whilst moving the ingredients around the wok quickly for about 30-40 seconds..
- Add the sauce to the wok and allow it to reduce down for about 20-30 seconds until nice and thick. Add the crispy beef strips back into the wok and toss everything together until evenly coated in the sauce. Do this very quickly so the beef remains as crispy as possible. Note: potato starch usually gives a crunchier finish than cornflour as a coating but can be tricky to get hold of..
- Serve up and enjoy with your choice of side(s)! :).
Remove them from the wok/frying pan and drain away the excess oil. Crispy Chili Beef. featured in Spiciest Dinner Recipes. I make double the sauce as I like my chilli beef to be extra sticky and saucy. If you want to cheat you can use stir fry beef strips. A little bit fatter than your meant too but makes it a bit quicker.
Eating 14 Superfoods Is A Superb Way To Go Green For Better Health Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one facet of green living that many folks appreciate. In spite of the fast pace of our modern world, you can do this. We need to get back to where it was better to prevent disease in the first place. Numerous individuals have the attitude of destroying the body today, and fix it with a pill tomorrow. We’re barraged with ads for magic pills that are claimed to fix any problem with the snap of a finger. Of course, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you continue the same old negative habits. When your body quites functioning properly, you can’t obtain a healthy one. You should take care of your body while you can. Your body cannot work properly if it does not have proper nutrition. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without seeing if what you are eating is healthy for you? How often do you consume mini mart junk food, or greasy fried foods from the local fast food joints? Since people opt to eat things full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are being discovered. The food products we are eating cause obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of pandemic proportions. People are at last realizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more conscious about their health. Lots of healthy food are now found at your local health food store or farmer’s market. Nowadays, you can find an organic food area in virtually all grocery stores. In this aisle, you’ll be able to find superfoods. The term superfoods refers to 14 foods that have been proven to retard or reverse particular diseases. Ingesting these superfoods will . As soon as you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be amazed at how good you will soon feel. Your body will start to function as it is supposed to when you provide it with the proper nutrition. This in turn will allow your immune system to ward off disease more efficiently. Be sure to incorporate these superfoods into your daily diet. Foods such as beans and berries are very good. Add some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Add in whole grains and nuts. Furthermore, you should include yogurt, soybean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, alon
g with salmon and turkey. If you eat the foods in this list, you won’t have a weight problem again. You will enjoy great health as you choose to eat the green living way. Your immune system will be much improved, and your body can potentially become disease free. You can anticipate a healthy future by altering your food choices now.