Spicy Korean Style Soy Braised Chicken.
You can cook Spicy Korean Style Soy Braised Chicken using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy Korean Style Soy Braised Chicken
- You need 3 pounds of bone-in, skin-on chicken drums, thighs, or whole wings.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of oil.
- Prepare 1 of large potato, peeled and cut into 1.5-inch cubes.
- You need 1 of medium yellow onion, sliced into 1/2" thick slices, vertically.
- It’s 1/2 of a bell pepper (any color), sliced into 1/2" thick slices, vertically.
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed.
- Prepare of optional: 1 or 2 jalapeños or serranos, halved.
- You need 1 cup of rice wine (I used Korean rice wine, but you can use a drier sake, or even a drier white wine in a pinch).
- It’s 1/4 cup of regular soy sauce.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of gochujang (Korean red chili paste – you can use sriracha as a substitute if you don't have gochujang).
- You need 3 Tablespoons of white sugar.
Spicy Korean Style Soy Braised Chicken step by step
- Lightly season the chicken pieces on both sides with salt..
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, sear each piece of chicken in the Tablespoon of oil over medium high heat in for 3 minutes per side and set aside, outside of your pot..
- In the same pot, saute the onion, bell pepper, potatoes, chilies, and garlic until the onions begin to turn translucent, about 2 minutes or so..
- Turn the heat down to medium, pour in the wine, and deglaze the pan, scraping all the yummy chicken fond off the bottom of the pan..
- Add in the rest of the seasoning ingredients – soy sauce, gochujang, sugar – and stir to mix and incorporate all seasonings thoroughly..
- Add chicken back in the pot in one layer, turn the heat back up to medium high, and bring to a gentle boil (this should take 3 or 4 minutes)..
- Turn the heat down to medium low and simmer with the lid slightly askew for 20 minutes..
- Flip each piece of chicken and let it braise on the other side, uncovered, for another 25 minutes..
Eat These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Optimal Health One great feature of going green is opting to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. In spite of the fast pace of our modern-day world, you can achieve this. We need to get back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before it needs treating. Unfortunately, just about people don’t trouble themselves about their health because they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. Everywhere you look, you read about some magic pill that will instantly fix your latest problem. Of course, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you hold on to the same old bad habits. When your body ceases to function right, you won’t be able to obtain a healthy body. You have to learn how to look after it as early as possible. Proper nutrition is essential for your body to run at top levels. Do you eat because food is available and you enjoy what they taste or do you go for healthy foods? Do you usually eat junk food and lots of fried foods from fast food restaurants? Eating sugar and starches, as well as fatty foods, is it any surprise that new diseases are discovered all of the time? There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, hypertension, and many others, likely induced by the foods that are eaten. People are realizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more concerned about their health. Many nutritious food are now found at your local health food store or farmer’s market. In all probability, your local grocery store nowadays has an organic food area. This section has what are today acknowledged as superfoods. This term refers to 14 foods that have been proven to delay or reverse some maladies. You will find that you think more clearly when you ingest these superfoods. Once you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will notice an amazing increase in how much better you feel. Giving your body the nutrition it requires will enable it to work optimally. When this happens, it will allow your immune system to combat disease more efficiently. Your daily diet need to contain at least several of these super foods. Foods such as beans and berries are great to start. Then, try adding several veggies such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Walnuts and whole cereals are a couple of other foods to include. Moreover, you should eat yogurt, soybean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, along with salmon and turkey. By consuming these superfoods on a regular basis, you should eliminate any weight problems. Green living provides you with a healthy diet plan, with all of the good ingredients for better health. Your body will become disease free as your immune system improves. Prepare for a great future by modifying your eating habits now.