Easy Eggplant Namul in a Silicone Steamer. Gaji namul is a simple Korean side dish made with steamed eggplants! It's a staple side dish that's easy and delicious! Boil the water in a pot with a steamer tier or basket over high heat, covered.
I've been running Korean cooking class and food tour company in Seoul, Korea for. Gaji Namul (steamed and seasoned eggplant, Korean style) is a delectable banchan (Korean side dish) that also can be served as a salad or appetizer. This recipe brings out the best in eggplant. You can cook Easy Eggplant Namul in a Silicone Steamer using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Eggplant Namul in a Silicone Steamer
- It’s 1 of Eggplant (slim Japanese type).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sesame oil.
- It’s of For the sauce:.
- It’s 1 dash of less than 2 teaspoons Soy sauce.
- You need 1/3 tsp of Grated garlic.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Ground sesame seeds.
The eggplants are just lightly steamed so you can really enjoy their taste without an overly mushy texture. Steamed Eggplant (Gaji Namul) is made by tossing the steamed eggplant in delicious Korean soy sauce seasoning. It is healthy and simple to make. Steamed Eggplant or Gaji Namul is not a dish when I liked when I was a kid.
Easy Eggplant Namul in a Silicone Steamer step by step
- Cut the eggplants in half crosswise, then cut each half into 8 thin slices. Soak in water for a while..
- Drain and dry the eggplant slices. Put in a microwave steaming container, drizzle with sesame oil and mix lightly. Microwave (at 600 W) for 3 to 3.5 minutes..
- When the eggplants have softened and wilted, they're done. Transfer to another bowl (discard the leftover water in the steamer)..
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a bowl, drizzle on the eggplants and it's done!.
It's because I was very sensitive to the texture of foods when I was little. Gaji namul is a simple yet delicious, everyday banchan (Korean side dish), which is traditionally eaten with other side dishes and rice. In a pot with, bring some water to boil, then place a steaming tray or basket in the pot. From The Brand Name: Silicone Zone. Summer is eggplant season, and Eggplant NaMul is a delicious, quick side dish that you can make for your meal.