Lots of Veggies! Simple Korean Boiled Pork Bossam. Bossam is a Korean boiled pork served with cabbage or lettuce wraps. This recipe shows how to make a flavorful brine for tender and delicious meat. Uncommon for his generation of Korean men, my father spent (still does) a lot of time in the kitchen helping my mother, especially on kimchi making.
It's my favorite Korean meat dish. Yes, even more than Korean BBQ! Today, I will show you how to make this delicious dish at home. You can cook Lots of Veggies! Simple Korean Boiled Pork Bossam using 7 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lots of Veggies! Simple Korean Boiled Pork Bossam
- You need 300 grams of Salted pork (pork belly).
- Prepare 20 of leaves Sangchu Korean lettuce.
- It’s 20 of leaves Egoma or shiso leaves.
- It’s 1 of as much (to taste) Chef Kawagoe Tachinari's recommended kimchi.
- Prepare 1 of as much (to taste) Garlic.
- You need 1 of as much (to taste) Leek namul.
- It’s 1 of Gochujang.
Bossam – Korean Boiled Pork Wraps. Thinly-sliced (heavenly) cuts of boiled pork. How to make Korean pork wraps (Bossam). This recipe version include apple and soy sauce to enhance the overall flavour and colour of the dish!
Lots of Veggies! Simple Korean Boiled Pork Bossam instructions
- Prepare the salted pork from! Cut it into 1 cm thick slices..
- These are today's ingredients!!.
- Boil some water….
- Add some sake (not listed in the ingredients) to the water and boil the salted pork!.
- While the pork is boiling, let's prepare the vegetables! Wash the sangchu lettuce and dry them thoroughly before putting them on a plate!.
- I didn't have any egoma leaves, so I decided to use shiso leaves today. Put them on the plate with the sangchu!.
- Thinly slice the garlic!.
- Prepare as much kimchi and gochujan as you like!.
- The pork is made by boiling in the water!.
- Cut the pork into bite-sized pieces!.
- Move everything to the dining table. This is the vegetable plate..
- I garnished the dish with leek namul from a different recipe. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/170398-leek-namul-to-eat-with-samgyeopsal-and-other-korean-dishes.
- The boiled pork looks like this..
- I set it all out on the dining table!!.
- Time to wrap! First, take a sangchu leaf..
- Place the shiso leaf on top..
- Add the kimchi….
- And the garlic….
- Then the leek namul….
- Finally the boiled salted pork….
- Close the wrap and eat it in one big bite!!.
Bossam is a popular Korean boiled pork dish. When it's infused with an apple and other spices, it becomes irresistibly delicious! The dish is called "Bossam (보쌈)", Korean boiled pork. Pork belly is commonly used for this particular dish. Pork belly is a flavorful cut of pork One key to make tender and juicy pork bossam is to boil the pork.