Fruit Trifle. University of Illinois Nutrition & Wellness Educator, Mary Liz Wright, demonstrates how to make a fruit trifle. Trifle is a dessert found in English and other cuisines. Made with fruit, a thin layer of sponge fingers commonly soaked in sherry or another fortified wine, and custard.
Over the years, trifles [in America] have been adapted to fit into a family's Funny thing is, the English didn't "invent" the trifle, the Scottish did. The Scots have recipes that date. This trifle uses ready-made custard and cake, leaving you time to make some homemade jelly. You can have Fruit Trifle using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fruit Trifle
- You need 1 litre of Milk.
- Prepare of Vanilla Custard 5 tbsp mix in cold milk.
- Prepare to taste of Sugar.
- It’s 1 of apple small pieces.
- You need 2 of bananas small pieces.
- Prepare 8 of strawberries.
- Prepare 4 of Cake slices.
- You need 1 packet of Strawberry jelly.
Let us show you how to make trifle with our easy video recipe. Top this with a half of the passion fruit pulp and half of the peach slices, then spoon over half of the mascarpone cream. It makes this such a great dessert option for those watching their weight. The trifle recipe shared here is a modern spin on the classic dessert with layers of angel food cake tucked.
Fruit Trifle instructions
- Boil milk n pour custard mixture in it n cook on slow flame..
- Then add sugar to it..
- Remove from stove when done n let it cool..
- For jelly take 2 cups of water in a saucepan n boil it..
- Add jelly powder to it n mix it..
- Remove from stove n cool it then put it in the freezer..
- Take a dish put cake slices at the bottom then apple n banana pieces then jelly.
- Now pour custard over it..
- Garnish with strawberries..
Trifle recipes for Christmas and beyond. Christmas or no, make your dessert one to 'Tis the season for trifle. The steady layers of fruit and sponge fingers, custard and cream is a must. Italian Cream Cake Trifle, this is the most amazing trifle! Layers of classic fluffy Italian Cream Cake combined with delicious layers of creamy pudding.