Lemon Cake Trifle with Berry Compote & Vanilla Mascarpone Whipped Cream. This show-stopping lemon berry trifle recipe includes lemon pound cake, fresh berries, a lemon cheesecake filling, and fresh whipped cream. Use store-bought cake if you're short on time! Trifles are an ideal party dessert, especially in the spring and summer.
Fold the whipped cream into the chilled Line a glass trifle bowl with pieces of pound cake to fit. Drizzle or brush the cake with the Limoncello, spoon a layer of the lemon curd over the cake. This lemon berry trifle is in a trifle league of it's own. You can cook Lemon Cake Trifle with Berry Compote & Vanilla Mascarpone Whipped Cream using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lemon Cake Trifle with Berry Compote & Vanilla Mascarpone Whipped Cream
- It’s of For Garnish: Fresh berries. (I like whole blueberries & raspberries and sliced strawberries for this dessert.).
- It’s of For the Cake (Can be done up to a week ahead. Just bake the cake, wrap & freeze.).
- It’s 1 box of Betty Crocker Lemon Cake Mix.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1.5 Tablespoons of mayonnaise or sour cream.
- You need of the zest of a small lemon.
- You need of Blackberry & Strawberry Compote: https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/2306030-blackberry-strawberry-compote.
- You need of For Vanilla Mascarpone Whipped Cream (can be done the day before, but best done right before assembly):.
- It’s 1 pint of heavy whipping cream, well chilled.
- Prepare 4 ounces of mascarpone cheese.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of confectioners sugar.
The combination of lemon pound cake, sweet berries and whipped cream is absolutely terrific. Who doesn't love a good trifle? I would love to know who could resist a. This cake has a miraculous texture – almost like a super-aerated fluffy pancake – and a delicate flavour; it is scented with lemon rather than tingling with it.
Lemon Cake Trifle with Berry Compote & Vanilla Mascarpone Whipped Cream step by step
- COMPOTE: Make compote up to a week ahead of time. Recipe here: https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/2306030-blackberry-strawberry-compote.
- CAKE: Make cake according to package instructions, adding the mayonnaise (or sour cream) and lemon zest. Cool completely (at least 2 hours), and cut into 3/4" cubes..
- WHIPPED CREAM STEP 1: Before you begin, a chilled bowl helps the process along, so you may want to place your mixing bowl in the freezer for 15 to 30 minutes before you make your whipped cream. In a large glass or stainless mixing bowl, start whipping the whipping cream only with a hand mixer on medium setting until the cream begins to thicken to the point that it creates rounded mounds when you life the beaters from the cream..
- WHIPPED CREAM STEP 2: Add the mascarpone and vanilla, and sift in the confectioner's sugar (to ensure that you don't have clumps), and mix again at medium high speed until the cream is back to creating rounded peaks when you lift the beaters from the cream. This is where I like to stop – where a dollop of cream doesn't retain the dollop shape but slumps gently over the top of the dessert being topped..
- ASSEMBLY STEP 1: Trifles are best assembled in clear glass vessels (they actually do sell trifle bowls just for this purpose, and they look like overgrown parfaits). And there's no exact science to it. You might like to make one big truffle, or do individual ones, but however you choose to do it, just mentally portion out the ingredients so you'll have enough for two layers of everything..
- ASSEMBLY STEP 2: Place a layer of cake on the bottom, followed by a moderate spooning of the compote (you don't need to make sure that every square bit of cake area is covered – just enough that each spoonful of trifle will give you just a little bit of that sweettart surprise of the compote), followed by a complete layer of whipped cream, followed by a sparse dotting of fresh berries. Again, you don't want to overwhelm the cake with the cream and the fruit. Repeat..
- Cover and refrigerate until it's time to serve. Enjoy! :).
And even though there is coconut milk in the cake, this comes through as sweetness rather than tropical exuberance. Quarantine Cooking: Pea Pickin' Cake Recipe, AKA Pig Pickin' Cake. This Triple layer berry cake is the ultimate summer cake packed with antioxidants and flavor. Make sure to wash and dry your berries with a kitchen towel or paper towels before putting them on your cake. This Lemon Berry Trifle is perfectly tart and sweet, with a citrusy lemon cake, vanilla pudding, whipped cream and a load of berries!