Cinnamon Buns. This easy cinnamon bun recipe puts a lot of the cinnamon sugar on the top, rather than hidden away inside. The Swedes know how to live – their cinnamon buns are a prime example. The BEST cinnamon rolls in the WORLD.
One of Sweden's most popular baking recipes and always popular on my blog! Very easy to make- sweet bread dough filled with buttery. Kanelbullar or cinnamon buns are a classic at Swedish coffee parties. You can cook Cinnamon Buns using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cinnamon Buns
- Prepare of Dough.
- Prepare 500 ml of milk.
- It’s 50 g of live yeast or 2x 7g packets of dry yeast.
- Prepare 150 ml of caster sugar.
- Prepare 1.4 litre (840 g) of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 TSP of salt.
- You need 150 g of softened butter.
- You need of Filling.
- You need 75-100 g of softened butter.
- You need 100 ml of caster sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare of Brush and Garnish.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need of pearl sugar (optional).
If you are invited to someone's home for coffee, you always get a cinnamon bun, a cookie or a piece of cake with it. These cinnamon buns are THE BEST EVER!!! I loved them so much, just a tip: the longer you let them rise. See more ideas about Cinnamon buns, Recipes, Food.
Cinnamon Buns instructions
- Preheat the oven to 225° Celcius or 200° for a fan assisted oven..
- Crumble yeast in a large mixing bowl. Pour over the milk (lukewarm for faster rising, otherwise cold works too) and stir till the yeast dissolves.
- If using dry yeast, put the yeast in with the dry ingredients and heat liquid up to approx. 45°. You can also use cold liquid here too but the proving process will take a few hours..
- Mix the dry ingredients and pour everything into the mixing bowl. Also add the softened butter knobs..
- Work the mixture to form a dough and knead thoroughly for about 5-10 minutes. Cover and leave to prove for at least 40 minutes..
- Divide the dough in half and roll each half on a lightly floured work surface to form a rectangle..
- Mix all the ingredients for the filling together and spread over the dough..
- Roll up each rectangle and cut into equal sized pieces. Place the buns cut side up in paper cases or on baking paper and leave to prove under a tea towel until they double in size..
- Brush with beaten egg. Bake in the middle of the oven for about 8-10 minutes.
If you love gooey cinnamon buns, here's the secret ingredient. Everyone raves about these homemade yeast rolls. This traditional Swedish kanelbullar (cinnamon buns) recipe is made with a perfectly soft and chewy cardamom dough, a buttery cinnamon-sugar filling, and twisted into cute little knots. Cinnamon buns, cinnamon rolls, cinnamon roll bites…. these are a few of my favorite things. A few of my favorite things that I rarely ever make, because I know all too well what happens when they're in.