Smoked Rump Roast Chili. Learn how to cook a Beef roast a Kamado Charcoal grill – it is sure to get some delicious smoked flavor, and come out tender and juicy. See recipes for Delicious Tender & Juicy Rump Roast too. A recipe for rump roast rubbed with a rich, spicy chili blend, then slow cooked and served with homemade chipotle gravy.
Shred meat and return to juice. Smoked Rump Roast Recipe – Columbia, MD A recipe for rump roast rubbed with aspicy chili blend, then slow cooked and served with homemade chipotle gravy. Smoking a rump roast on an outdoor cooker produces flavorful, tender beef with a tantalizing, smoky aroma. You can cook Smoked Rump Roast Chili using 29 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Smoked Rump Roast Chili
- You need of Chili.
- Prepare 3 lbs of Round Rump Roast.
- You need 1 can of kidney beans.
- Prepare 1 can of red beans.
- Prepare 1 can of pinto beans.
- You need 1 of sweet onion.
- Prepare 6 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1/2 of habanero pepper.
- Prepare 1 of green jalapeño.
- Prepare 1 of red jalapeño.
- You need 1 of Thai chili.
- It’s 1 of Serrano chili.
- You need 1 of lemon drop chili.
- You need 1 can of fire roasted crushed tomatoes (28 oz.).
- It’s 1 can of fire roasted diced tomatoes (14.5 oz.).
- Prepare of Chili seasoning.
- It’s 3 tbsp of chili powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of Mom’s Bean Spice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of course sea salt (modify to taste).
- You need of Meat rub.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1 tbsp of course sea salt.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of course black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of granulated onion.
- You need 1 tbsp of granulated galic.
Place the roast on the cooking grate on the side away from the coals, close the lid and adjust the vents to promote smoke circulation and oxygenate the fire to keep the coals glowing. Smoked Rump Roast recipe: I had a roast labeled London Broil, but it was thick. I found several rump roasts at Albertsons on sale yesterday…. The pot liquids are skimmed and strained before serving.
Smoked Rump Roast Chili step by step
- Cut rump roast into 3/4”-1” squares..
- Combine meat rub ingredients and mix thoroughly..
- In 1 gallon zip-loc bag, add meat, rub & a splash of olive oil. Shake to coat meat. Place bag of meat in refrigerator for a minimum of 4hrs. Can be left in refrigerator overnight..
- Dice or chop onion & peppers (size to preference). Crush garlic in garlic press..
- Combine onion, garlic, chili seasoning & remaining chili ingredients into large crock pot (7 qt+) and turn on high..
- Set smoker for 200 degrees..
- While crock pot and smoker are heating, take coated meat and skewer..
- Place skewers on smoker for 1.5-2 hrs. Meat can be 125-140 degrees..
- Add meat to crockpot and stir. Replace lid and leave on high for 6 hrs..
- After 6 hrs set crockpot to low/warm & serve..
This is a wonderful way to do rump roast in the slow cooker. It creates a wonderful juice while it cooks; serve the juice over individual servings of beef. This smoked rump roast recipe makes exceptionally flavorful roast beef! #beef #smoker #roast. Smoked rump roast slices up perfectly juicy and tender, plus this lean beef roast can be smoked in under two hours! This Smoked Chili Recipe starts with a chuck roast that I smoke prior to making the chili.