White Chicken Chili. This White Chicken Chili is hearty, warming, creamy and perfectly comforting. It's a great alternative to traditional beef chili and makes a simple, yet completely delicious dinner! This easy White Chicken Chili is like a milder, calmer cousin to Texas beef chili.
Creamy with plenty of spice, it's the perfect companion on a chilly night! This White Chicken Chili is the perfect medley of hearty beans and chicken, with just a little bit of heat. How to make white chicken chili. You can have White Chicken Chili using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of White Chicken Chili
- You need of shredded cooked chicken (I’ve used ground chicken also).
- Prepare of Sour Cream.
- You need of heavy cream.
- You need of medium white onion, diced.
- You need of medium jalapeño, diced.
- It’s of garlic, minced.
- It’s of can navy beans (drained and rinsed).
- It’s of can great northern beans (drained and rinsed).
- It’s of can white corn.
- It’s of can chicken broth.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- It’s of cumin.
- It’s of dried oregano.
- Prepare of cayenne (or other ground pepper such as habanero, ghost, etc for more heat).
- Prepare of sea salt.
- Prepare of Mozzarella Cheese as topping.
Begin by combining half of the white beans in a food processor with one cup of the chicken broth. Process until you have a smooth purée. White Chicken Chili is the easy weeknight recipe you need from Delish.com. When we're craving something hearty and healthy, this chicken chili immediately jumps to mind.
White Chicken Chili instructions
- In a medium stock pot, heat olive oil and sauté onion and jalapeños until soft. Add garlic and sauté for a minute or two until fragrant..
- Add chicken, beans, corn, broth, and spices. Bring to just to boiling and reduce heat to simmer for 30 mins..
- Add sour cream and heavy cream and continue to heat another 10 mins..
- Add mozzarella individually (optional).
This White Chicken Chili is the perfect medley of hearty beans and chicken, with just a little bit of heat. This white chicken chili recipe uses cannellini beans and diced chicken breasts in a chicken broth base. After sharing a new recipe for easy (red) chicken chili, I thought I would circle. White chiili is red chili's creamier, smokier, more chicken-y cousin made with white beans. [Photographs: J. Some white chili is soupy and creamy, with chunks of chickens and beans.