Chocolate Macarons with a White Chocolate Ganache filling.
You can have Chocolate Macarons with a White Chocolate Ganache filling using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Macarons with a White Chocolate Ganache filling
- You need of For the Macaron Cookies.
- You need 50 g of Powdered Almonds/Almond Flour.
- It’s 125 g of Powdered Sugar/ Icing Sugar.
- It’s 25 g of Cocoa Powder.
- You need 2 of Large Egg Whites (room temperature).
- You need Pinch of salt.
- You need 75 g of Granulated Sugar.
- You need of For the Ganache Filling.
- It’s of White Chocolate: Heavy/ Double Cream in the ratio 3:1.
- Prepare of For example, 300g white chocolate: 100g Cream.
Chocolate Macarons with a White Chocolate Ganache filling step by step
- Put the Almond Flour l, Icing sugar and cocoa powder into a food processor and blitz it a few times. Be careful to NOT whizz too much as the almond flour will release oils to make almond butter..
- Put the egg whites in a bowl with the salt and whisk until until soft peaks.
- Gradually add sugar whilst whisking and keep going until stiff peaks form..
- Add the flour mixture into the egg white in 2 batches and fold it all together. Be careful not to over mix. Mix until you can make a figure 8 'ribbon' with the mixture from your spatula. After that, mix no more..
- Put the mixture into a piping bag with a half inch nozzle. Place some parchment or grease proof paper on a baking sheet and pipe out same size discs around 1 to 1.5 inch wide. Once the mixture has been fully piped out tap the tray/s vigorously to make sure all the air bubbles are released..
- Leave the macarons out for around half an hour until a 'skin' forms and you can touch it without it sticking to your finger.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170-180C for around 10-15 minute until the macarons have risen and have 'feet'..
- Leave to cool and then remove from the sheet with a palate knife gently..
- To make the ganache, put the chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl and heat in 30 second bursts, mixing each time. Keep going until all the chocolate has melted..
- Let cool and then place in the fridge for 15-20 minutes until it becomes a paste like consistency. Then using an electric whisk, beat the mix until it becomes light and fluffy. Place in a piping bag..
- Match 2 same size cookies together and place a good amount of ganache on one of them. Place the other one on top and gently press. Do this with the rest..
- Ideally, wait 24 hours before serving but no ones gonna know if you eat a few before hand😇.