Bake Fish Au Gratin. This fish au gratin is the perfect recipe to have in your repertoire for days when you have little time to cook. The mild white fish fillets bake to perfection in a simple sauce with cheese and a buttery breadcrumb topping. Just add a tossed salad or steamed veggies, and you have a delicious meal in.
Top with another layer of fish and cheese. Saute onions in oil over medium heat. Dinner made real easy: this Baked Fish recipe comes with a Lemon Cream Sauce and is made in ONE baking dish! You can have Bake Fish Au Gratin using 9 ingredients and 30 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bake Fish Au Gratin
- It’s 4 of fish fillets (1 1/2 lbs.).
- It’s 1 1/2 of lbs. of white potatoes.
- It’s 1 of big sweet onion.
- Prepare 4 of plum tomatoes.
- It’s 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 3/4 cup of heavy whipped cream.
- You need 1 tablespoon of oil.
- You need of Oregano and salt (to taste).
If the idea of baked fish conjures up the words pale, colourless and bland, then this one's going to be Potatoes au Gratin, Easy Creamy Potato Casserole or Mini Potato Gratin Stacks. Baking fish in the oven can actually involve quite a lot of different cooking techniques: Poaching, steaming, au gratin or baking the fish in its own Cooking fish au gratin is about cooking it among tasty ingredients and accompaniments so that the whole thing is enclosed and gains a beautiful. This crispy and flavorful Baked Flounder Au Gratin is the perfect weeknight meal. When, for a lack of a better term, "beginner fish people" come to me for advice on which fish recipes to start with, this Baked Flounder au Gratin always comes to mind first.
Bake Fish Au Gratin step by step
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Wash the tomatoes. Peel and wash the onion.
- Cut the potatoes into medium medallions. Cut the tomatoes into fine slices. Cut the onion into thin slivers..
- In a large and shallow baking dish.
- Put the oil.
- Distribute the oil.
- Put a layer of potatoes in the bottom of baking dish.
- Arrange the fish on the potatoes.
- Cover the fish with the tomatoes.
- Add the salt.
- And oregano.
- Cover the tomatoes with onion.
- Add salt.
- And oregano.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Place the remaining potatoes on top.
- Sprinkle the cream on the preparation.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove it from the oven and cover with mozzarella cheese.
- Place it in the oven and bake until the mozzarella are melted.
- Remove it from the oven and sprinkle it with the parmesan cheese.
- Place it in the oven and bake it until the top is golden brown.
- I hope you like it and try the recipe in your own home.
Cut fish in serving size pieces and place in a greased baking dish. View top rated Best baked fish au gratin recipes with ratings and reviews. It was horrible and I was really disappointed after spending so much money on it. I used the canned Phillips crabmeat and I also omitted the fish but followed the recipe exactly. Be the first to rate & review!