Fish Pasta Bake.
You can cook Fish Pasta Bake using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fish Pasta Bake
- You need 350 g of fish pie mix (approx).
- Prepare 1 of small cauliflower head, cut into bitesizes.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s to taste of Ground black pepper.
- It’s 250 g of penne pasta or similar.
- It’s 400 ml of milk.
- You need 2 of dried bay leaves.
- Prepare 40 g of butter.
- It’s 15 g of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried dill.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of freshly chopped parsley.
- Prepare 80 g of grated Cheddar cheese.
- It’s 100 g of philadelphia or other soft cream cheese.
Fish Pasta Bake step by step
- Heat the milk in a saucepan until it's just about starting to boiling. Add the fish pieces and the Bay leaves and poach for around 2-3 minutes until the fish is just cooked. Next remove the fish with a slotted spoon and place in a bowl and set aside for later. Discard the Bay leaves and pour the milk into a jug/bowl to use later..
- Trim the cauliflower head and wash. Cut into small bitesize pieces..
- Wipe the saucepan and then return to the heat. Melt the butter and then add the cauliflower to the saucepan. Cook, stirring occasionally, over a medium heat, until the cauliflower has softened..
- Pour the reserved milk back into the pan, add the parsley, black pepper and dill and stir well. Season with salt. Allow the cauliflower to just cook through and then add the flour. Cook, stirring, until the sauce comes to a simmer and thickens..
- Add the cream cheese. Cook for another minute until its fully melted in, still stirring, then remove from the heat..
- Next cook the pasta according to the directions on the packet. Once cooked drain well..
- Add the fish and the pasta to the sauce and stir gently to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed..
- Pour the fish pasta into a baking dish and sprinkle the grated cheese over the dish. Preheat the grill to high..
- Cook the pasta under the grill for about 5 minutes or so until the cheese is melted, bubbling and browning in patches..
- Sprinkle with a little more fresh parsley, and serve. Enjoy!.