Copycat KFC grilled chicken. Dip chicken pieces in egg white to lightly coat them, then transfer to flour mixture. Aside from their world famous Kentucky Fried Chicken, KFC is also known for its fiery grilled chicken, made by marinating, seasoning and then grilling chicken to perfection. Naturally, KFC guards its recipe for the fiery grilled chicken jealousy.
Find the smallest chicken you can for this KFC grilled chicken copycat recipe, since KFC uses young hens. Or better yet save some dough by finding a To get their Extra Crispy Chicken so crispy KFC breads the chicken two times. This double breading gives the chicken its ultra craggy exterior and. You can have Copycat KFC grilled chicken using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Copycat KFC grilled chicken
- You need 1 of fryer chicken cut into pieces/ or skinless chicken breast.
- It’s 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of liquid smoke(leave out if you grill w/ charcoal).
- You need 1 tbsp of marjoram.
- It’s 1 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chicken soup base.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of crushed rosemary.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried basil.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of AP flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of coconut oil/ or 1/4 cup olive oil.
My copycat recipe for KFC's Kentucky Grilled Chicken. BASTE each chicken piece evenly with canola oil; SPRINKLE the chicken pieces moderately and evenly with the prepared seasoning mixture (store unused portion in a tightly sealed. The secret KFC recipe for its original fried chicken has never been revealed, but this is a good copy. As a kid my aunt would walk me home from school and we would stop at the KFC.
Copycat KFC grilled chicken step by step
- Wash and clean chicken. Soak up to two hours in cold water, salt, and accent. Chicken should be completely covered..
- After two hours remove chicken and pat dry with paper towel. I used chicken breast due to a diet I am on. BUT WORKS BETTER WITH chicken bone in!.
- Mix olive oil, soy sauce and liquid smoke together and brush over chicken. Mix all dry spices together and sprinkle liberally over chicken..
- Next brush olive oil/soy sauce/liquid smoke over chicken. place on grill pan and bake in the oven @ 400°. Turning over every 5 minutes. Base with soy sauce mixture and continue adding seasonings until your liking..
- Or you can do the same on a charcoal grill! Enjoy!.
This quick and easy copycat recipe includes beef and chicken bouillon along with onion and a roux to duplicate the flavors in Kentucky Fried Chicken®'s gravy. KFC® Copycat Gravy. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Is this copycat KFC or is it actually much closer to the real thing? A few weeks ago, the Chicago Tribune published an article. They interviewed a nephew of Colonel Harland Sanders, the founder of the Kentucky Fried Chicken franchise.
Incoming search terms:
- kfc chicken recipe bbq