Chicken Biryani ~ South Indian style.
You can cook Chicken Biryani ~ South Indian style using 24 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Biryani ~ South Indian style
- You need of Chicken – medium sized pieces.
- You need of Yogurt -.
- Prepare of Coconut Milk -.
- Prepare of Rice -.
- It’s of Oil.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of To Dry Roast and Grind :.
- Prepare of Cinnamon – piece.
- You need of Cloves -.
- You need of Cardamom -.
- It’s of Fennel Seeds -.
- You need of Coriander Seeds -.
- It’s of Cumin Seeds -.
- Prepare of To Saute and Grind :.
- You need of Onions – sliced.
- Prepare of Ginger – worth of pieces.
- Prepare of Garlic – tsbp worth of pieces.
- Prepare of Green chillies -.
- You need of Cashew nuts -.
- You need of Tempering :.
- Prepare of Bay leaves -.
- Prepare of Staranise -.
- You need of Cinnamon -.
- It’s of Onions -.
Chicken Biryani ~ South Indian style instructions
- Now I know this looks like a long list of ingredients but trust me its not that complicated!.
- First wash the rice and allow it to soak in water.
- In a fry pan, dry roast the ingredients (To dry roast and grind list) and grind it into a smooth powder. Heat some oil in the same fry pan and saute the ingredients (To saute and grind). Saute until the onions are soft, and not browned. Transfer this to the food processor, add the yogurt and grind it with the powder.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with this paste for 30mins.
- Once marinated, heat some oil in a pressure cooker, and add the Tempering list of ingredients. Once softened add the chicken pieces and saute till dry. Next add the can of coconut milk, mix well and close the pressure cooker. Cook for one whistle, and turn off the heat.
- When the pressure is gone, pour out the gravy into a separate bowl. For the 2 cups of rice, we will need 4 cups of liquid, so measure out the gravy. If it does not come to 4 cups of liquid, add water. Close the pressure cooker and cook for 1 whistle on medium heat. Let the pressure go down and transfer to a serving tray.
- I garnished it with some freshly chopped coriander leaves and boiled eggs. You could also fry some onions and roast cashews in some butter to use as garnish.I served with this some raita.