Broccoli Cheese Soup – Slow Cooker. Ingredients You Need To Make Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup. Cook mixture, stirring constantly until it begins to thicken then pour into a slow cooker along with chicken broth, diced broccoli and thyme. How to Make Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheddar Soup.
There really are differences in cheeses, and for this soup to be good, you want to make it with a high quality cheddar, like Crystal Farms. Stir to melt the cheese and mix it in. Taste the soup and add My goal is only to cook with a slow cooker when I can pretty much just sling a bunch of stuff into it and push the button. You can have Broccoli Cheese Soup – Slow Cooker using 16 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Broccoli Cheese Soup – Slow Cooker
- Prepare 6 cups of broccoli florets (from about 2 large heads broccoli).
- Prepare 2 of large carrots, peeled and shredded.
- It’s 1/2 of yellow onion, finely diced.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 oz. of cream cheese.
- You need 1 tsp. of dried oregano.
- It’s 3/4 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of each ground nutmeg, salt free all purpose seasoning.
- You need 3 1/2 cups of unsalted chicken or vegetable broth.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 cups of freshly shredded sharp yellow cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 cup of freshly shredded white cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
I don't want to brown or sear or. Super easy to put together, this broccoli-cheese soup recipe is keto-friendly and made for your slow cooker. To see how to make this delicious broccoli cheese soup, be sure to check out the video below. Alternatively, there is a full written recipe to follow underneath the video.
Broccoli Cheese Soup – Slow Cooker instructions
- Grease your slow cooker (6 qt. size). Place the broccoli florets, shredded carrots, onion and garlic into the bottom. Top with the cream cheese, seasonings and broth. Give it all a stir, place the lid on and set the heat to low. Cook for 4-6 hours, until the broccoli is tender..
- Once the broccoli is tender, use an immersion blender to puree some of the soup, until it is mostly smooth, but still with some chunks. Whisk together the milk, cream and flour and stir it into the soup, along with the cheeses. Place the lid back on and set the heat to high. Let this cook another 30-45 minutes, or until the soup has thickened slightly, is fully heated through and the cheese has fully melted. Taste and add more seasonings if it needs it, then serve..
I prefer using the slow cooker as it tastes so much better. Both fresh and frozen broccoli will work fine in this soup. Make this easy Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup for a comforting and easy meal, velvety smooth and full of vegetables. This crockpot broccoli cheese soup is a cheesy comfort food classic that's warm and satisfying for everyone in the family. With just fifteen minutes of prep, your slow cooker does all of the work for you, and the result is a delicious soup that will have everyone spooning up seconds.