Creamy Broccoli Soup. Larger pieces of broccoli really make this soup exceptional. If you use a blender or mixer, you'll have a bowl of Followed it to a T and it was more of an overly gritty texture of broccoli then a creamy soup. My easy Broccoli Soup is a simple Cream of Broccoli Soup that's thick and creamy with an extra hit of flavour from cheddar cheese!
This creamy broccoli soup recipe is not only delicious, but it's full of healthy fats from coconut oil and coconut milk, along with fiber and antioxidants from broccoli and other greens. This vegan creamy broccoli soup is made with tons of veggies, has the most luxurious texture and tastes like it has cheese. Such an easy and healthy recipe! You can cook Creamy Broccoli Soup using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Broccoli Soup
- It’s of broccoli (cleaned and cut into florets).
- It’s of melted butter.
- You need of plain flour (maida).
- You need of milk.
- It’s of water.
- Prepare of green chillies.
- Prepare of ginger garlic paste.
- It’s of garam masala.
- Prepare of black pepper powder.
- Prepare of small tomato.
- Prepare of small to medium size onion.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Fresh cream for the final touch (optional).
- It’s of coriander for garnish (optional).
I love this homemade broccoli cheddar soup for many reasons. Panera Broccoli cheddar soup copycat recipe. Creamy Broccoli Soup. featured in Healthy Holiday Leftovers. Use an immersion blender to blend the soup until smooth.
Creamy Broccoli Soup step by step
- Boil the broccoli florets for about 5min and keep them aside,Heat 2 tbsp of butter in a non-stick pan, add the onions, tomato,green chillies,ginger garlic paste and the boiled florets along with 1 cup water and sauté on a medium to high flame for 10 min or until cooked. Remove and keep it aside to cool down..
- Once it cools down,transfer to a mixer and blend into a smooth purée. Keep aside..
- Heat the remaining butter in another deep non-stick pan, add the flour and saute using a whisk on a Sim to medium flame for 30 seconds taking care that the flour does not discolour or get thickened.
- Slowly add the milk and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring continuously with a whisk.
- Add the broccoli puree, salt, pepper powder and garam masala powder, mix well and cook it on medium flame for another 10-15minutes. add a cup water here depending on the consistency and cook accordingly (I did add in my recipe or else the consistency becomes too thick).
- Switch off the flame, add the fresh cream and mix it well and garnish with coriander, your healthy and creamy soup is ready to serve..
Stir in the nutmeg, then ladle into bowls. Cream of broccoli soup is a soup prepared with broccoli, stock and milk or cream as primary ingredients. Ingredient variations exist, as do vegan versions. It is also a commercially, mass-produced soup, often sold in cans. The creaminess of this Creamy Broccoli Soup will make it feel much more indulgent than it actually is.