Chinese Eggplant with Spicy Garlic Sauce.
You can have Chinese Eggplant with Spicy Garlic Sauce using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chinese Eggplant with Spicy Garlic Sauce
- It’s 300 gr of Chinese eggplant, cut into pieces.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 1 inch of ginger, crushed.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1/2 Tbsp of sesame oil.
- You need of Sauce ingredients: (mix well in a small bowl).
- You need 1 Tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 Tbsp of dark soy sauce.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of oyster sauce.
- You need 1 Tbsp of garlic chili paste.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of water.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of cornstarch.
Chinese Eggplant with Spicy Garlic Sauce instructions
- Soak the eggplant in a bowl filled with water that has been given 1 tsp of salt. Cover the bowl. Let stand for 30 minutes. Drain well. Dry with paper towels..
- Mix the eggplant with cornstarch. Stir well..
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over high heat. Fry the eggplant until cooked and browned. Remove from the heat. Set aside..
- Turn down the heat a little. Heat sesame oil. Sauté garlic and ginger until fragrant..
- Put the eggplant back in the skillet. Stir it up..
- Pour the sauce mixture (stir it well before pouring it). Stir well. Adjust to taste. Remove from the heat..
- Serve over warm white rice. Yum 😋.