Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup.
You can cook Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup
- Prepare of oil.
- Prepare of butter.
- You need of onion, chopped.
- You need of celery, sliced.
- It’s of carrot, cubed about 0,5 cm.
- It’s of potato, cubed about 0.5cm.
- You need of stem leak, sliced.
- It’s of parsley, chopped.
- Prepare of broccoli.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of freshly ground black pepper.
- You need of lt chicken or vegetable stock.
- It’s of blue cheese, crumbled.
Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup step by step
- Cut the stalks of the broccoli and cube them into about 0,5cm pieces. Then cut the flowers smaller..
- Preheat a pot on a medium to high heat. Fry onions in oil for about 10 minutes or until translucent..
- Put in the butter. Followed by the rest of the vegetables, excluding the broccoli flowers and the parsley. Fry for 10 minutes..
- Add the stock, salt and pepper, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Now add the broccoli flowers and parsley, simmer for another 20 minutes stirring occasionally..
- Remove from the stove. Dish out half of the soup and set aside. Add the blue cheese to the remainder of the soup and blend with a stick blender. Now put the other half back in. Place the pot back onto the heat. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes..