Chicken Breast Adobo. Chicken thighs – do NOT substitute with breast. You need the fat in thighs in order for the sauce to. My Filipino family's chicken adobo recipe is very similar.
The dish gained popularity because of its delicious taste. I used a Chinese technique called velveting to get the chicken silky, tender, and juicy. Chicken Adobo – crazy delicious Filipino Chicken Adobo recipe made in one pot. You can cook Chicken Breast Adobo using 24 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Breast Adobo
- It’s 2 lbs of Chicken breast.
- You need of Marinade:.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of rice wine.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of light soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 of egg whites.
- You need 2 1/2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of white sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 1/2 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare of For cooking:.
- You need 2 tbsp of minced ginger.
- You need 4 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of ground black pepper.
- You need of Chopped scallions.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of light soy sauce.
- You need 4 tbsp of cane vinegar.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 pc of star anise.
- You need 3 pcs of bay leaf.
- You need 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- You need of Slurry:.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 2 tbsp of water.
You can use any parts of the chicken: breasts, thighs, legs or wings. I used chicken thighs for this recipe and yields..on Yummly Filipino adobo is a cooking technique unto itself. In The Adobo Road Cookbook, Marvin Gapultos shares more than a few recipes for adobo, including this classic chicken version.
Chicken Breast Adobo instructions
- Cut chicken into thin slices and marinate for 1 hr.
- In a bowl, combine light soy sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, chicken broth, star anise, bay leaf, mix well and set aside.
- Drain marinated chicken and blanch in a pot of simmering water for 2 mins, drain.
- In a pan, saute ginger and garlic with oil, and add the ground black pepper and scallions.
- Add the soy sauce mixture and simmer for 5 mins to eliminate vinegar sour.
- Add brown sugar and chicken and simmer again for 5 mins uncovered, add the slurry and cook until sauce thickens.
- Serve with rice. Enjoy!.
This tangy, sweet, salty chicken adobo recipe cuts down on the time-consuming process of peeling While many recipes for adobo call for painstakingly peeling and slicing more than a dozen garlic. Supercook clearly lists the ingredients each recipe uses, so you can find the perfect recipe quickly! Chicken adobo is one of the most famous and talked-about dishes in Filipino cuisine. It's great for people with a very busy schedule and who like simple meals that are quick and easy to prepare. This is a native Philippine dish that I make with chicken breast and corn and capsicum and a slightly thicker sauce than usual.