Chicken Adobo. My Filipino family's chicken adobo recipe is very similar. Chicken Adobo is a type of Filipino chicken stew. Chicken pieces are marinated in soy sauce and spices, pan-fried, and stewed until tender.
Chicken Abodo is a perfect dinner for the entire family. Chicken adobo is a classic Filipino dish that's as savory as it is bright with acid, and it goes perfectly [Photographs: Vicky Wasik]. Chicken adobo is a classic dish in the cuisine of the Philippines, one. You can have Chicken Adobo using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Adobo
- It’s 1 cup of coconut milk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of rice vinegar.
- You need 12 clove of garlic, peeled.
- Prepare 3 of whole chilies.
- Prepare 3 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of fresh ground pepper.
- Prepare 4 lb of chicken thighs.
Chicken adobo is a Filipino recipe made with only a few ingredients. Chicken Adobo is a Filipino dish that features chicken braised in a mixture of soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, and black peppercorns. Philippine adobo is a popular Filipino dish and cooking process in Philippine cuisine that involves meat, seafood, or vegetables marinated in vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, bay leaves, and black peppercorns. This tangy, sweet, salty chicken adobo recipe cuts down on the time-consuming process of peeling and slicing a ton of garlic cloves.
Chicken Adobo step by step
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients in a large, nonreactive bowl or resealable plastic freezer bag. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight or for at least 2 hours..
- Place chicken and marinade in a large lidded pot or Dutch oven over high heat and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and tender, around 30 minutes..
- Heat broiler. Transfer chicken pieces to a large bowl, raise heat under the pot to medium-high, and reduce the sauce until it achieves almost the consistency of cream, about 10 minutes. Remove bay leaves and chilies..
- Place chicken pieces on a roasting pan and place under broiler for 5 to 7 minutes, until they begin to caramelize. Remove, turn chicken, baste with sauce and repeat, 3 to 5 minutes more. Return chicken to sauce and cook for a few minutes more, then place on a platter and drizzle heavily with sauce..
Flavorful Chicken Adobo made with incredibly tender chicken thighs and a tangy vinegar and rich soy based sauce. It's the perfect easy chicken dinner recipe! Chicken Adobo is a delicious recipe where chicken is braised in a marinade made of soy sauce, black pepper, bay leaves and vinegar. This Filipino Chicken Adobo is a definite step away from "the same old"! Chicken thighs and drumsticks braised in pungent vinegar and soy sauce with an addition of garlic and ginger.