Chicken Adobo. My Filipino family's chicken adobo recipe is very similar. Chicken Adobo is a type of Filipino chicken stew. Chicken pieces are marinated in soy sauce and spices, pan-fried, and stewed until tender.
Chicken Abodo is a perfect dinner for the entire family. Chicken adobo is a classic Filipino dish that's as savory as it is bright with acid, and it goes perfectly [Photographs: Vicky Wasik]. Chicken adobo is a classic dish in the cuisine of the Philippines, one. You can have Chicken Adobo using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Adobo
- Prepare of Chicken.
- Prepare 1 packages of chicken legs and thighs.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of apple vinegar.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 medium of chopped onion.
- It’s 3 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
Chicken adobo is a Filipino recipe made with only a few ingredients. Chicken Adobo is a Filipino dish that features chicken braised in a mixture of soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, and black peppercorns. Philippine adobo is a popular Filipino dish and cooking process in Philippine cuisine that involves meat, seafood, or vegetables marinated in vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, bay leaves, and black peppercorns. This tangy, sweet, salty chicken adobo recipe cuts down on the time-consuming process of peeling and slicing a ton of garlic cloves.
Chicken Adobo step by step
- Chop onion and garlic cloves.
- Heat up large sauce pan with olive oil.
- Put chopped onion and garlic in pan and saute..
- Once sauteed add cleaned chicken to pan. Also add the black pepper and bay leaves. Add black pepper liberally if you'd like.
- Let chicken cook for about 20 minutes. Stirring occasionally till most of the chicken cooked..
- Now add your soy sauce and vinegar to the pan. Set heat to medium. And let simmer about 25-30 min..
- Once cooked sever with some white rice and enjoy!.
Flavorful Chicken Adobo made with incredibly tender chicken thighs and a tangy vinegar and rich soy based sauce. It's the perfect easy chicken dinner recipe! Chicken Adobo is a delicious recipe where chicken is braised in a marinade made of soy sauce, black pepper, bay leaves and vinegar. This Filipino Chicken Adobo is a definite step away from "the same old"! Chicken thighs and drumsticks braised in pungent vinegar and soy sauce with an addition of garlic and ginger.