Fried Udon Noodles With Shrimp and Spicy Peanut Sauce.
You can have Fried Udon Noodles With Shrimp and Spicy Peanut Sauce using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fried Udon Noodles With Shrimp and Spicy Peanut Sauce
- You need 1/4 cup of rice vinegar.
- It’s 1 cup of natural peanut butter.
- It’s 1 of -inch chunk fresh ginger.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
- You need 1/4 cup of reduced-sodium soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare to taste of Hot sauce,.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of sesame oil, divided.
- Prepare 1 of large yellow onion, thinly sliced.
- You need 2 of large red bell peppers, cored and thinly sliced.
- Prepare 8 of -ounce package udon noodles.
- It’s 1 pound of shelled raw shrimp, patted dry (frozen will also do).
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped peanuts.
Fried Udon Noodles With Shrimp and Spicy Peanut Sauce instructions
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. While the water heats, in a blender combine the peanut butter, ginger, vinegar, soy sauce, water, garlic and black pepper. Blend until smooth. The peanut sauce should be thick, but pourable. If the sauce is too thick, add a couple tablespoons of additional water and blend again. Taste, then add hot sauce to your desired heat preference, blending again. Set aside..
- In a large skillet over medium-high, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil. Add the onion and peppers, then cook until just tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside. Reserve the skillet. Add the udon noodles to the boiling water and cook for 2 minutes, or until just barely cooked. The noodles should still be a bit firm. While the noodles cook, return the skillet to medium-high heat and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of sesame oil. Drain the noodles well and add them to the hot skillet.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and continue to cook, stirring constantly, until the shrimp are just pink, about 5 minutes. Return the onion and peppers to the skillet and toss until heated. Remove the skillet from the heat, then pour in a liberal amount of peanut sauce (use as much or as little as you prefer), using tongs to toss the ingredients until well coated. Top with the peanuts and serve..
Living Greener for Good Health By Consuming Superfoods Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one aspect of green living that many individuals appreciate. It is possible to accomplish this, even in this busy world we live in. We should take a step back and prevent diseases before they develop. Unfortunately, majority of people don’t care about their health since they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. You can’t turn around without being bombarded by ads about the current pill to treat your health problems. Yes, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you continue the same old unhealthy habits. Unlike buying a car, you won’t be able to trade in your worn out body for a new one. You should take care of yourself while you are able to. Your body cannot work properly if it doesn’t have proper nutrition. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without determining if what you are eating is beneficial for you? Do you regularly eat junk food and a good deal of fried foods from fast food joints? Ingesting sugar and starches, and greasy foods, is it any surprise that new diseases are cropping up all of the time? The things we are ingesting cause obesity, diabetes, and hypertension of epidemic proportions. A lot of people are realizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more concerned about their health. Today it is much easier to find quality foods by purchasing from a local farmer’s market or health food store. In all probability, your local grocery store today has an organic food aisle. There you will be able to get what science has termed superfoods. “Superfoods” refers to 14 foods that have been proven to retard or reverse some diseases. You will observe that you think more clearly when you begin to consume these foods. When you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be amazed at how good you will soon feel. By getting the right nutrition, your body will function the way it is supposed to function. This in turn will enable your immune system to fight disease more efficiently. Your daily diet should contain at least some of these super foods. Foods such as beans and berries are very good. Leafy veggies, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Don’t forget whole grains and nuts. Make sure you eat proteins such as soya, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, plus orange fruits and vegetables like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. By consuming these superfoods on a regular basis, you should not have to worry about any weight problems. You will enjoy good health as you decide to eat the green living way. Your body will be free of disease as you build up your immune system. Ensure your future health by developing healthy eating habits today.