Chicken Adobo. My Filipino family's chicken adobo recipe is very similar. Chicken Adobo is a type of Filipino chicken stew. Chicken pieces are marinated in soy sauce and spices, pan-fried, and stewed until tender.
Chicken Abodo is a perfect dinner for the entire family. Chicken adobo is a classic Filipino dish that's as savory as it is bright with acid, and it goes perfectly [Photographs: Vicky Wasik]. Chicken adobo is a classic dish in the cuisine of the Philippines, one. You can cook Chicken Adobo using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Adobo
- It’s 1.5 kg of chicken wings.
- You need 1 of whole onion sliced.
- You need 1 of whole bulb of garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chilli flakes.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of cracked pepper.
- Prepare 3 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of soy sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of vinegar.
Chicken adobo is a Filipino recipe made with only a few ingredients. Chicken Adobo is a Filipino dish that features chicken braised in a mixture of soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, and black peppercorns. Philippine adobo is a popular Filipino dish and cooking process in Philippine cuisine that involves meat, seafood, or vegetables marinated in vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, bay leaves, and black peppercorns. This tangy, sweet, salty chicken adobo recipe cuts down on the time-consuming process of peeling and slicing a ton of garlic cloves.
Chicken Adobo step by step
- Add all ingredients to a pot and marinate for 1 hour.
- After marinating bring the pot of ingredients to a boil.
- Turn the heat down to medium and let it simmer. Stirring occasionally..
- When the sauce reduces and thickens you're done!.
Flavorful Chicken Adobo made with incredibly tender chicken thighs and a tangy vinegar and rich soy based sauce. It's the perfect easy chicken dinner recipe! Chicken Adobo is a delicious recipe where chicken is braised in a marinade made of soy sauce, black pepper, bay leaves and vinegar. This Filipino Chicken Adobo is a definite step away from "the same old"! Chicken thighs and drumsticks braised in pungent vinegar and soy sauce with an addition of garlic and ginger.