ONIGIRI (Japanese dish in Indian style). O-nigiri (お握り or 御握り; おにぎり), also known as o-musubi (お結び; おむすび), nigirimeshi (握り飯; にぎりめし), rice ball, is a Japanese food made from white rice formed into triangular or cylindrical shapes and often wrapped in nori (seaweed). Onigiri, also known as Japanese rice ball is a great example of how inventive Japanese cuisine can be. It is also a Japanese comfort food made from steamed rice formed into the typical triangular, ball, or cylinder shapes and usually wrapped with nori (dried seaweed).
In Japan, onigiri is available in grocery stores, convenience stores, and delis and even at restaurants. If you want to start your Japanese culinary adventure, onigiri is a simple meal to make; just get some rice, put a filling inside and form it into a ball. Japanese-style rice meal or snack to go, stuffed with fish, and accented with nori; try onigiri rice triangles for endurance sports or travel. You can cook ONIGIRI (Japanese dish in Indian style) using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of ONIGIRI (Japanese dish in Indian style)
- You need of Japanese rice soaked half an hour.
- It’s of tomatoes.
- You need of ginger.
- It’s of garlic.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Black pepper.
- Prepare of Chaat masala.
- You need of Red chilli powder.
- You need of Garam masala.
- You need of Coconut grated.
- Prepare of avocado.
- Prepare of mustard seeds.
- You need of cumin seeds.
- Prepare of green chilli.
- You need of sesame seeds.
- Prepare of hung curd.
- Prepare of vinegar.
- Prepare of Few basil.
Instead of fish, stuff the onigiri with pickled low-FODMAP vegetables like carrots or cooked sweet potatoes. Shred the fish and stir it into the rice before forming. Onigiri – aka Japanese rice balls filled with a variety of fillings. They make an ideal quick snack and are a fun alternative to sandwiches for lunch.
ONIGIRI (Japanese dish in Indian style) instructions
- First here are so many ingredients so if I forget to mention any one sorry about that..
- First soak the rice for half an hour then take a pan.put 1 tsp butter or oil and add cumin and mustard seeds.then add 1 tbsp salt and half tbsp black pepper and sesame seeds..
- Cook by adding 1 and half cup water and cover the utensil.cook at medium flame and when you see small holes just turn off the gas and keep it on steam..
- For red ginger garlic chutney=blend tomatoes+1tsp salt and chaat masala+ginger and garlic.blend smooth.chutney is ready.
- For green side dish is avocado coconut cream=blend 1tsp salt+1 avocado chopped +3 to 4 basil leaves+1 cup grated coconut+1 cup hung curd+tsp garam masala +1tsp black pepper +1tsp red chilli powder +1tsp vinegar +1tsp mustard seeds. Blend smooth and yumm cream is ready.
- Everything is ready serve by decorating in any style like I showed.
We literally love the country and its food! Not only, I grew up watching Japanese anime and the characters would ALWAYS eat onigiri, especially at school or. When it comes to Japanese snacks, nothing beats the humble onigiri (rice ball)—toothsome, cheap and available at every corner store. Onigiri: The Ultimate Cheapo Guide to Japan's Favorite Snack. See more ideas about Onigiri, Japanese food, Japan food.