Asparagus, Morel Mushroom, and Leek Frittata. On the foodblogs I surf, those in the northern US and southern Ontario are posting pictures of early produce — asparagus, mushrooms (even some morels), fiddleheads and leeks, including my absolute favourite 'wild leeks' or 'ramps'. Morel Mushrooms are an edible wild mushroom that is truly a Spring treat. They only pop up for a few weeks every Spring and are incredibly difficult to find, making their slight woodsy flavor all the more desirable.
Fresh asparagus and mushrooms are wonderful when baked together in a cheesy frittata! Steam asparagus as directed and set aside. Once bottom starts to settle lift up sides of egg and let the uncooked slide under. You can have Asparagus, Morel Mushroom, and Leek Frittata using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Asparagus, Morel Mushroom, and Leek Frittata
- It’s of eggs.
- It’s of heavy cream.
- It’s of stalks of asparagus.
- You need of leeks, chopped.
- Prepare of fresh morels, cleaned and halved.
- You need of minced garlic.
- It’s of butter.
- You need of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Spread asparagus and mushrooms onto egg. Fresh asparagus adds a spring-y kick to this veggie-full frittata, and the sprinkling of feta adds a ton of flavor without weighing it down with loads of cheese. Further Food Nutritionist Commentary: Asparagus is a great source of folic acid and has a good amount of other B vitamins, vitamins A, C, K, and. Add to bowl with leeks and toss to distribute evenly.
Asparagus, Morel Mushroom, and Leek Frittata step by step
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs with the cream and salt and pepper..
- Partially cook the asparagus and cut into 1" slices..
- In a large oven proof, non stick skillet, heat butter and sautè the leek and garlic until soft..
- Add morels and cook until wilted and most of the liquid is cooked off. Add the asparagus and egg mixture..
- Cook in a 350° oven until set, about 7-10 minutes..
- Add the cheeses on top and bake an additional 4 minutes, until the cheese is melted..
- Remove from the oven and slide the frittata onto a serving platter..
- You may use onion in place of the leeks if desired..
Frittatas are a great meal-in-one-dish, and this one does not disappoint. Since it is loaded with mushrooms, potatoes, asparagus, and tomatoes, you get a full complement of vegetables. Eggs, bacon, and Parmesan cheese provide the protein. Turkey bacon is used to cut the calories down, but. Asparagus is a great ingredient and goes well with mushrooms in this easy to make frittata recipe.