Lauki kofta- A dish from northern India. Lauki kofta recipe with step by step photos. Lauki kofta is a light tomato-based delicious gravy dunked with koftas made from bottle gourd (lauki or ghia or dudhi). First time I heard about and also had lauki ke kofte at my in-law's home.
This step by step photo recipe explains the entire process of how to make lauki. Malai kofta is a traditional Indian dish consisting of fried potato and paneer balls in a creamy suace. The dish is commonly served at festivals, celebrations, and weddings due to its rich texture and flavors. You can cook Lauki kofta- A dish from northern India using 21 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lauki kofta- A dish from northern India
- Prepare of grated bottle gourd.
- It’s of gram flour (besan).
- You need of red chilli powder.
- It’s of turmeric.
- It’s of coriander powder.
- Prepare of grated ginger.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of caraway seeds (ajwain).
- Prepare of For Gravy:.
- Prepare of tomatoes blanched and pureed.
- Prepare of onion finely chopped.
- You need of ginger garlic paste.
- It’s of cream.
- It’s of As per taste Salt.
- You need of cumin.
- You need of mustard seeds.
- It’s of hing(asafoetida).
- It’s of &1/2 tbsp coriander powder.
- It’s of kasoori methi.
- Prepare of turmeric.
- You need of &1/2 tbsp kashmiri red chilli powder.
A typical dish of Mughal cuisine, developed in Medieval India by the cooks of the Mughal Empire. Bottle gourd or lauki rarely makes it to people's 'favourite vegetable list' owing its bland taste. But lauki can be made in various delicious ways *Transfer the lauki kofta curry to a serving bowl and add the pan fried koftas to it. Sprinkle fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.
Lauki kofta- A dish from northern India instructions
- Add salt to the grated bottle gourd and using a muslin cloth drain the excess water. Keep the water aside for later use..
- Now add grated ginger, gram flour, turmeric, ajwain(caraway seeds), red chilli powder..
- Mix well and make small kofta balls.
- In a pan heat oil for deep frying and fry all the kofta balls in low to medium heat. Once done, keep them aside..
- For the gravy, in a pan take some ghee or oil, add cumin and mustard seeds and allow to splutter. Then add onions and saute untill golden..
- Then add ginger-garlic paste and stir until onions are lightly browned and paste is cooked. Then add the tomato puree..
- Now add all the dry spices and keep sauteing for 4-5 mins untill the gravy releases oil. Then add 1 tbsp ketchup and cook for another min..
- Once the gravy is done, add the salted lauki water and bring it to a boil. Taste the salt, and adjust if it's less..
- Now add the kofta to it and let it simmer(low heat) for abt a min. Then add crushed kasoori methi and cream. Mix well and switch off the flame..
- Allow it to rest for an at least half and hour so the gravy softens the kofta. Serve..
A common breakfast or lunch recipe from Bangalore, Karnataka. Southern India has many rice recipes and this colourful dish is one among them. lauki kofta or bottle gourd kofta curry video recipe finally, garnish with coriander and serve lauki kofta curry with roti. Click a picture and mention @hebbars.kitchen or tag #hebbarskitchen My mom also frm Dharmasthala so even she vl enjoy ur dishes. Ghiya ke Kofte, Doodhi Kofta Curry,Dhaba Style lauki kofta recipe,lauki kofta recipe,Dudhi Kofte Ki Sabji, #LaukiKofta #KoftaCurry. Its hard to believe how tasty this dish really is.