Fermented Kiwi Cabbage Chow Chow.
You can cook Fermented Kiwi Cabbage Chow Chow using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fermented Kiwi Cabbage Chow Chow
- Prepare 2 of large kiwi fruit.
- It’s 4 cups of cabbage thinly sliced.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of carrot cut into matchsticks.
- You need 1 stalk of celery.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of coriander seeds.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground Hungarian paprika.
- You need 1/3 cup of finely diced onion.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of pink Himalayan salt.
- Prepare As needed of 4% salt water solution.
- It’s 1 leaf of from outside of cabbage.
Fermented Kiwi Cabbage Chow Chow step by step
- Peel and thinly slice the kiwi. Slice the cabbage..
- Slice the carrots into matchsticks. Add carrots to the cabbage. Slice the celery and onion thin..
- Mince the onion and garlic, or buy the garlic already minced. Add the salt. Massage everything together allow to rest covered for an hour and a half. This is going to produce some of the liquids..
- 4% salt water solution is 4 tablespoons kosher salt to 4 cups water. Non-chlorinated and no fluoride in water. Now you won't need this much unless you are making a bunch of this stuff. So 1 tablespoon kosher or pink Himalayan salt to 1 cup water. If using table grind salt use 1 teaspoon to 1 cup. Add the spices and mix well. Add the spice mix well. Heat the water to dissolve the salt in the water..
- Put the mixture into a sterilized jar. Press the mixture down, I used my rolling pin stick to tamp it down..
- Add the large piece of cabbage leaf cut to size of jar opening. Add your weight on top and add salty water solution to top off if necessary. Seal the top and check the liquid level regularly. Do this for at least 2 weeks to ferment. When you open skim the top to remove anything that should not be there. I hope you enjoy!!!!.
Consuming 14 Superfoods Is A Good Way To Go Green For Better Health One terrific thing about going green is choosing to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. Even with the fast pace of our modern-day world, you can accomplish this. We should take a step back and prevent diseases before they happen. Regrettably, just about people don’t concern themselves about their health because they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. We’re bombarded with ads for magic pills that are advertised to fix any problem with the snap of a finger. Of course, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you keep on doing the same old unhealthy habits. When your body stops working right, you can’t get a brand new one. You should take care of your health while you are able to. Proper nutrition is essential for your body to function at top levels. When you eat, are you concerned about the nutritional value or just eat the food that tastes good at the time? Do you regularly eat junk food and a good deal of fried foods from fast food places? Consuming sugar and starches, and also greasy foods, is there any wonder why new diseases are discovered all of the time? There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, hypertension, and many others, probably caused by the foods that are ingested. People are opting to eat better now that they realize how crucial food choices are to their health. Today it is a lot easier to find quality foods by shopping at a local farmer’s market or health food store. These days, you can find an organic food area in almost all grocery stores. In this aisle, you’ll be able to find superfoods. Superfoods is the name given to 14 specific foods that can retard or reverse certain serious maladies. By eating these foods, your body will become healthier. You will begin to feel a lot better when you choose to ingest the superfoods rather than junk food. Your body will begin to function as it was meant to when you supply it with the correct nutrition. As a result, the immune system can fight off any health condition. You should include a few superfoods in your diet daily. Foods such as beans and berries are great to start. Add some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Whole cereals, and oats, along with an assortment of nuts, primarily walnuts. Make sure you include proteins such as soybeans, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, and also orange fruits and veggies like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. When you consume these superfoods daily, you should not have to worry about any weight problems. Adopting a green living meal plan will offer you precisely what you need to be healthy. You will discover that your immune system becomes healthier and your body will be able to ward off disease. Ensure your future health by developing healthy eating habits today.