Low calorie Mexican casserole. This Mexican casserole recipe made with layers of tortilla chips, beef, and salsa makes a quick and easy dish that will please the whole family. I often substitute ground turkey and low fat dairy products and it is still delicious! Our recipe for Low-Carb Mexican Taco Casserole puts spicy, cheesy goodness on your table-without the carbs.
The best low-calorie Mexican food choices are often the ones filled with the most flavor—you just have to know how to find them. It's easy to cook low-calorie Mexican food, like chicken Verde quinoa casserole, in your own kitchen. Making your own meals at home will save hundreds of extra calories. You can have Low calorie Mexican casserole using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Low calorie Mexican casserole
- Prepare 8 oz of ground chicken breast.
- You need 2 cups of cauliflower rice.
- It’s 1/2 cup of corn.
- Prepare 1 of La Banderita carb counter tortilla.
- It’s 1 cup of refried black beans.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of whipped cream cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of diced yellow onion.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Mexican blend shredded cheese.
- It’s 1/4 cup of green onion chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of salsa verde mild.
- It’s 1 1/2 of lime juice.
- It’s 1 pack of low sodium taco seasoning.
- You need 1 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of adobo seasoning.
- You need 1/4 cup of chicken broth.
Looking to adapt a traditional casserole recipe into an easy low carb Mexican chicken casserole recipe, with some success. All the Mexican casserole recipes I was looking to adapt included chips or Tortilla layers. I did experiment with making a low carb tortilla, but it didn't do well in. Find healthy, delicious low-calorie casserole recipes, from the food and nutrition experts at EatingWell.
Low calorie Mexican casserole instructions
- Brown the ground chicken with taco seasoning and set aside. In a pan add yellow onion, cauliflower rice, onion powder, garlic salt and adobo seasoning, chicken broth, lime juice and corn and cook till tender. Set aside..
- In a pot combine the beans and cream cheese cooking it till the cream cheese melts into the beans then set aside..
- In a casserole dish layer half the meat on the bottom, then the rice mixture on top of that. Then add the tortilla on top of rice mixture topping it with the bean mixture. Then add remaining meat to the top of the beans, top with shredded cheese, green onions and salsa. Cook at 350 for 20 min or until cheese is melted..
Low Carb Chile Rellenos Casserole with all the flavor minus the carbs! Ground beef and lots of peppers and cheese makes satisfying keto Mexican food! This low carb chile relleno casserole will help you satisfy your Mexican food craving while watching your carb intake. This tater tot recipe is keto approved thanks to my homemade cauliflower tots that sit atop this cheesy Mexican inspired casserole. A Mexican casserole that's both healthy AND delicious?
Going Green for Good Health By Consuming Superfoods One good thing about green living is choosing to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. It is possible to accomplish this, even in this fast-paced world we are living in. We have to go back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before it needs treating. Numerous people have the attitude of destryong the body today, and heal it with a pill tomorrow. Everywhere you look, you find out about some magic pill that will immediately fix your latest problem. Naturally, some of these pills are able to help but only if you couple them with lifestyle changes. When your body stops working properly, you cannot get a healthy one. You need to learn how to look after it before it is too late. Proper nutrition is crucial for your body to run at top levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without determining if what you are putting in your mouth is healthy for you? Do you usually eat junk food and a lot of fried foods from fast food restaurants? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and high fat food that virtually all people ingest, it’s not surprising that new diseases are regularly occurring. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, hypertension, and many others, probably induced by the foods that are ingested. People are becoming more health conscious, and eating better, because they are tired of feeling poorly. Many healthy food are now available at your local health food store or farmer’s market. Virtually all grocery stores now sell organic foods. There you will be able to see what science has termed superfoods. Superfoods are 14 specific foods that can retard or reverse certain serious diseases. By eating these foods, your body will be uplifted to new heights in mental awareness, and perceptions. Once you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be amazed at how good you will soon feel. By getting the proper nutrition, your body will run the way it is supposed to run. As a result, the immune system can fight off any illness. Your daily diet have to include at least a few of these super foods. First off, beans are very good, and berries, especially blueberries. Things that are green, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Whole grains, and oats, along with an assortment of nuts, chiefly walnuts. Moreover, you may want to consume salmon, turkey, yogurt, soybean, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. When you consume these superfoods daily, you should get rid of any weight problems. Adopting a green living diet plan will give you just what you need to become healthy and fit. You will discover that your immune system becomes healthier and your body will be able to fight against disease. Prepare for a healthy future by making positive changes to your eating habits today.