White Cheese sauce (Best sauce for Hamburger horseshoes). For the best cheese sauce ever you will need butter, flour, milk, shredded cheese, a splash of Worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper. Melt a stick of butter over medium heat. Melt butter, combine flour for roux, stir well, heat til roux smells toasty.
Springfield Illinois the home of the horseshoe. Basically an open face burger covered with Fry's and cheese sauce. Originating in Springfield, Illinois the Horseshoe is a regional favorite. You can cook White Cheese sauce (Best sauce for Hamburger horseshoes) using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of White Cheese sauce (Best sauce for Hamburger horseshoes)
- It’s of cheese sauce.
- You need 1 quart of cream.
- It’s 1 can of small can swanson chicken broth.
- It’s 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 stick of butter.
- Prepare 14 oz of supremo queso.
- You need 1 package of blanco velveeta.
This open-faced sandwich is made with toasted bread topped with hamburger patties and piled high with french fries and cheese sauce. No forks or spoons required, just easy-to-pick-up party foods, so you can clean up in no time. Whisk in flour, dry mustard, cayenne pepper, and salt. Continue whisking until the flour is dissolved.
White Cheese sauce (Best sauce for Hamburger horseshoes) step by step
- Cut cheese's in 1 inch blocks for later..
- Melt butter, combine flour for roux, stir well, heat til roux smells toasty. If you don’t toast the roux you’ll have a flour taste that no one wants…
- Combine broth and cream with roux on med heat until smooth the heat will thicken the mixture.. So will the cheese…
- Start melting cheese's slowly, this is labor intensive, stir stir stir..
- Once all cheese is blended and hot its ready for whatever you like. Can be baked with potatoes, or used with macaroni, or horseshoe sauce if your from Illinois.
Add in cheese spread and Worcestershire sauce and continue to cook until melted. Cut your cheddar cheese into cubes or shred it (you can also buy already shredded cheese). Heat butter in a medium saucepan. Slowly add milk, whisking constantly Add the Worcestershire and hot pepper sauce. Take out and taste for Worcestershire and hot sauce.