Healthy Yoghurt Baked Cheesecake (low calories & low carb) without cream cheese nor flour. Delicious.
You can have Healthy Yoghurt Baked Cheesecake (low calories & low carb) without cream cheese nor flour. Delicious using 14 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Healthy Yoghurt Baked Cheesecake (low calories & low carb) without cream cheese nor flour. Delicious
- You need 3 cups (500 g) of plain yoghurt. I used two tubs of cheap Natural British yoghurt. The one I bought was 500g and each 1 cup weighted about 230g so that I needed to buy two of them in order to get 3 cups.
- You need of So, I adjusted the amount for 500 g in brackets so that I don’t have to buy two tubs of yoghurt.
- Prepare 40 g (30 g) of butter (room temperature, soft butter).
- You need 40 g (30 g) of cornflour.
- It’s 40 ml (30 ml) of double cream.
- It’s 4 of (3) eggs.
- Prepare 70 g (52 g) of icing sugar.
- It’s 1 of (75% or 3/4) lemon (preferably organic unwaxed).
- It’s 100 g (100 g) of digestive biscuits (about 6-7 of them) (optional, you can omit this biscuit base to reduce further calories).
- You need 50 g (50 g) of butter (optional, you can omit this biscuit base to reduce further calories).
- It’s of Fruit sauce (optional).
- You need 150 g of fresh or frozen raspberries (You could make with strawberries as well).
- It’s 25-30 g of sugar.
- Prepare 10 ml (2 tsp) of water.
Healthy Yoghurt Baked Cheesecake (low calories & low carb) without cream cheese nor flour. Delicious step by step
- Leave yoghurt for about 10 hours in a coffee filter. Put something underneath to collect whey. I used cheap Natural British yoghurt from Tesco. Each 1 cup weighted about 230g and 3 cups was about 700g. Then, I got 272 g of ”yoghurt cheese” out of 3 cups of natural yoghurt after overnight..
- Preheat the oven to conventional 170C / fan 160C.
- Line the base of a 15cm cake tin with parchment paper. Or spread melted butter, sprinkle cornflour and get rid of excess flour by tapping the tin..
- Put 50g of butter in a microwave-safe container and heat with 600w (or Medium power) for about 1 mins and mix and leave another 1 min to completely melt. Or if you don’t wish to use a microwave, melt the butter in a pan. This base is optional, as you could omit this biscuit base to reduce further calories. But of course, it tastes nicer with it..
- Crush digestive biscuits with a rolling pin and pour melted butter. Stir the mixture until it is evenly moistened..
- Or if you have a food processor, blend the digestive biscuits and the melted butter in a food processor until the mixture looks like wet sand..
- Mixed well and lay in a cake tin. Press the mixture into the bottom of the pan. You could omit this base part in order to reduce further calories. Leave it in the fridge to set..
- In a clean bowl, put 40g of the soft butter. Mix the soft butter well until it becomes creamy. If you only have a cold hard butter, you could microwave with 600w about 20 seconds..
- Add yoghurt cheese (step #1) and mix them very well. You can use either a whisk or a spatula. I think it does not matter which one you will use at this stage..
- Separate the egg white in a different clean bowl and add egg yolks into the yoghurt cheese mix. Leave the bowl with egg white aside. We will use this egg white in the step #13. With "a large wooden spoon or a spatula" mix well the egg yolks and yoghurt cheese mix. Sometimes, scrape the bottom of the bowl and mix well..
- Wash the lemon very well and grate the zest of the lemon over the yoghurt cheese mixture (step #10) and add lemon juice as well. Mix well until it becomes smooth..
- Add double cream and keep whisking with "a whisk". The batter should be smooth, light, creamy..
- Whisk the egg white which you left aside at the step #10 until it becomes meringue which creates peaks..
- Add icing sugar and cornflour by sieving over. Mix well with "a whisk" but never knead it. Try to mix it lightly without destroying meringue..
- Use "a large wooden spoon or a spatula" and add 1/3 of the step #13 (meringue) into the step #11 (yoghurt cheese & egg yolks). Mix lightly in and mix lightly. Add another 1/3 and repeat twice and mix all meringue. Please never knead it nor taking air. Mix like holding them..
- Pour the batter into the cake tin. Try to pour the last bit of the batter not to the centre but the side as they are slightly heavier dough which will prevent from raising. Drop the tin several times to get rid of air bubbles..
- Boil the hot water in a kettle..
- Bake it at 170 degrees for 90 mins with 2-3 cm of hot water in the baking tray. If your cake tin has a loose bottom, please put foil around the cake tin so that water doesn’t go into the cake tin. It needs to be baked with steam but we do not want water to go into to the tin..
- After taking it out from the oven, cool it down in the tin. Remove from the tin after cooling down completely. Cover it with foil or clinging film and refrigerate it for at least 8 hours or overnight, preferably 24 hours. Before serving, sprinkle icing sugar or serve with a fruit sauce..
- Optional fruit sauce. Put 150g (frozen or fresh) of raspberries (or other fruit) and 25-30 g of sugar, and 10ml (about 2 tsp) of water into a microwave safe container. Heat about 3-4 mins with 600w (or Medium power). Take it out from the microwave oven, mix it well and sieve it. It becomes like a purée after sieve it..
Going Green for Good Health By Consuming Superfoods One of the strongest points of green living is to slow down and bask in life. It is possible to attain this, even in this fast-paced world we live in. We need to get back to the point where it was better to prevent disease in the first place. The majority of folks think nothing of abusing their bodies now and fixing them with a pill later. It’s impossible to turn around without seeing advertisements about the latest pill to treat your health problems. Naturally, several of these pills can help but only if you couple them with a change in lifestyle. Once your body wears out, you won’t be able to exchange it for a new one, like your car. You shouldn’t wait too long or it will be too late to look after yourself. Your body cannot work properly if it does not get the right nutrition. Do you eat because something is available and you love what they taste or do you opt for nutritional foods? How often do you fill up on mini mart junk food, or fatty fried foods from the local fast food eating places? Eating sugar and starches, and greasy foods, is there any wonder why new diseases are being discovered all of the time? The food products we are eating cause obesity, diabetes, and hypertension of epidemic proportions. Many people are finally recognizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more concerned about their health. Now it is so easy to find quality foods by shopping at a local farmer’s market or health food store. Most likely, you
r local grocery store nowadays has an organic food section. This aisl is full of what are today acknowledged as superfoods. Superfoods is the name given to 14 specific foods that can delay or reverse certain serious illnesses. Consuming these superfoods will . Once you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will note an astonishing increase in how much better you feel. Your body will start to work as it was meant to when you provide it with the proper nutrition. This in turn will help your immune system to ward off disease more efficiently. You need to include some superfoods in your diet daily. Why not eat several beans or blueberries? Things that are green, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Whole food grains, and oats, along with a variety of nuts, mainly walnuts. Make sure you eat proteins such as soya beans, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, plus orange fruits and vegetables like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. Making these foods a regular part of your diet will get rid of your weight problems. Observing a green living eating plan will provide you with just what you need to be healthy. Your body will become disease free as you build up your immune system. You can anticipate a healthy future by altering your food choices today.