Calzone. Calzones deserve their chance to shine. After assembling and cutting slits into your calzone, you can freeze it. No need to defrost, just add a couple minutes to your baking times.
Calzone dough for the bread machine gets rolled out and stuffed with pizza sauce, sausage and cheese. Or stuff it with whatever you like. A calzone is typically an oven-baked, folded pizza, of Neapolitan cuisine. You can have Calzone using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Calzone
- Prepare 3 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 envelope of active dry yeast.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of hot water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 of marinara sauce.
- It’s 2 cup of grated cheese (Colby works best).
- You need 1 packages of pepperoni, Canadian bacon, hamburger, or meat of your choice.
- Prepare 1 of onion, peppers, olives, pineapple, or filling of your choice.
- You need 1 of egg, whisked and set aside.
Learn how to make a calzone. This folded pizza is usually shaped like a half-moon and stuffed with cheese and possibly vegetables, meat, and sauce. This homemade calzone recipe is a mixture of sausage, pepperoni and bell peppers, all baked inside pizza dough with plenty of melted cheese. See more ideas about calzone recipe, calzone, italian recipes.
Calzone step by step
- For the dough: Mix flour, salt, and yeast..
- Mix in oil, egg, and hot water. Stir until sticky but firm and pulling away from the sides of the bowl. Let set 5 minutes..
- Divide dough into 4 pieces..
- Roll each piece of dough into circles approximately 1/4 inch thick..
- Add marinara, leaving 1/2-1 inch free of any sauce or filling at the edge of the dough.
- Top with ingredients of choice (pictured is pepperoni). Top this with 1/2 cup of cheese..
- Fold dough in half over the top of the ingredients so that bit looks like a half circle. Roll the edge together to seal..
- Place on baking sheet and brush tops with egg wash.
- Bake at 400°F for about 25 minutes. Allow to cool before eating.
This recipe boasts a gorgeous pizza dough encasing any number of fillings. simply pick a favourite! From Italian calzone (literally "stocking, trouser"). Hyphenation: cal‧zone. (UK) IPA(key): /kæltˈsəʊni/, /kælˈzəʊni/. (US) IPA(key): /kælˈzoʊn/, /kælˈzoʊneɪ/. calzone (plural calzones or calzoni). A baked Italian turnover made of pizza dough and stuffed with cheese and other toppings. Calzone definition is – a baked or fried turnover of pizza dough stuffed with various fillings usually including cheese. plural calzone or calzones.