Moist Red Velvet Cupcakes. Reviews for: Photos of Moist Red Velvet Cupcakes. What makes red velvet stand out from say, chocolate cupcakes, is its wonderfully buttery flavor. I love that about red velvet.
One of the most requested These cupcakes are buttery, moist, soft, and taste just like a classic red velvet cupcake. I topped these cupcakes with a simple cream cheese. I'm changing this rule in these moist red velvet cupcakes with oil and kefir. You can have Moist Red Velvet Cupcakes using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Moist Red Velvet Cupcakes
- You need 1 of and 1/3 (145 grams) cake flour.
- Prepare 2 of table spoons natural unsweetened cocoa powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/4 of cup(60 grams) unsalted butter (room temperature).
- You need 1 cup (200 grams) of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 of large egg (room temperature).
- It’s 1/4 cup (60 ml) of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 tablespoon of liquid red food coloring.
- You need 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of distilled white vinegar.
- Prepare 2/3 of cup(160 ml) buttermilk room temperature.
- It’s of Butter Cream Frosting.
- It’s 1 cup of butter (room temperature).
- It’s 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 5-6 cups of confectioner's sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of milk as needed..
Another ingredient that gives these cupcakes a good moistness is oil. Every baker needs that one Moist Red Velvet Cupcakes recipe that we could rely on. Here's presenting my personal foolproof recipe which never fails. Moreover, these are super moist and amazingly delicious.
Moist Red Velvet Cupcakes step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line two standard 12 count muffin pand with 16 cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cake flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Then sift the dry ingredients to remove any lumps of cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar on medium speed for 4-5 minutes,then add the egg and mix until fully combined. Mix in oil, vanilla,red food coloring and vinegar..Stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl..
- Mix in the dry ingredients in the additions alternating with the buttermilk, starting and ending with the dry ingredients. Be careful not to over mix the batter..
- Evenly distribute the batter between all the 16 cupcake liners in the prepared muffin pan..
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Then remove the muffin pan after it cools of a little. Then transfer the cupcakes to a cooling rack..
- Add butter to a stand mixer with fitted paddle attachment and beat butter at a medium speed for 5-6 minutes until fluffy.
- Add 1 cup at a time of the confectioner's sugar until you get your desired consistency and then add the vanilla extract.
- Add milk (1 teaspoon at a time) till the mixture is nice and smooth..
Thus, this red sponge is full of simple flavors, light & fluffy. I adore me a good red velvet cupcake, but until recently I hadn't been able to find a recipe that was super moist. And, I had an ever harder time finding a cream cheese frosting that was the perfect sweetness but still has the cream cheesey-ness shining through and was PIPE-ABLE! This red velvet cupcake recipe took years to perfect & the result is everything you can hope for! The perfect red velvet cupcake didn't just land in my hands as easy as I thought it would.