Smoked turkey brine. Brining before smoking a turkey will add flavor and result in a juicy and more tender bird. This turkey brine recipe makes enough for a whole turkey. Thanksgiving Turkey recipes can be done in many ways.
Relatively speaking, this is a weak brine. Once you try this brined turkey recipe on the Big Green Egg, you'll agree that nothing does a better job of roasting meats. Best brine for smoked turkey around. You can cook Smoked turkey brine using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Smoked turkey brine
- It’s of water.
- Prepare of kosher salt.
- Prepare of minced garlic.
- It’s of ground black pepper.
- You need of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s of brown sugar.
- Prepare of bucket.
- You need of turkey oven bag.
- Prepare of turkey weight doesn't matter.
This recipe was given to me by my uncle. When draining brine put turkey in a strainer and cut bag, drain liquid, then lift bag out and drain bird. Apple-Brined, Hickory-Smoked Turkey By Jamie Purviance. Use a brine before smoking to help keep meat moist while cooking and to add flavor.
Smoked turkey brine instructions
- In large spaghetti pot over medium heat combine all ingredients one at a time to the 2 gallons of water..
- Slowly stir till disolved and remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature. (Heating is only to help dissolve the ingredients).
- Line the 5 gallon bucket with the oven bag and slowly pour in the room temprature brine over the turkey..
- Allow turkey to brine for 24 hours before smoking..
- Smoke turkey at 225 degrees at 35-40 mins per pound until the breasts are at 170-175. Allow turkey to rest in a turkey pan before serving..
Give our easy smoked turkey brine a try and taste how brining a turkey can make all the difference. See more ideas about Turkey brine, Smoked turkey, Smoked turkey brine. Smoked Turkey Breast is discussed with a simple brine and easy grilling instructions. This post covers the brining and smoking of the Turkey. Ever since we got our Traeger Smoker, we've been smoking everything (who doenst love some smoke flavor).