Magnolia Bakery Inspired Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting. Lighter than the usual cream cheese frosting, this vanilla icing makes a fluffy topping for red velvet cupcakes. Bobbie Lloyd of New York's Magnolia Bakery. To make the batter: In a small bowl, sift the cake In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until very light and Creamy Vanilla Frosting.
My first introduction to red velvet cake as a child was that scene in Steel Magnolias where folks are hacking into the red velvet groom's cake shaped like an armadillo. The cake looks like the blood red innards. This recipe produces the best red velvet cake with superior buttery, vanilla, and cocoa flavors, as well as a delicious tang from buttermilk. You can have Magnolia Bakery Inspired Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Magnolia Bakery Inspired Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- You need of Cake Mix.
- It’s 3 of 1⁄2 cups cake flour (not self rising).
- It’s 3 of ⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened.
- You need 2 of 1⁄2 cups sugar.
- It’s 3 of large eggs, at room temperture.
- It’s 6 tablespoons of red food coloring.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa.
- It’s 1 of 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 of 1⁄2 teaspoons salt.
- You need 1 of 1⁄2 cups buttermilk OR 1 Tablespoon white vinegar + enough milk to measure 1 1⁄2 cup.
- It’s 1 of 1⁄2 teaspoons cider vinegar.
- You need 1 of 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda.
- Prepare of Cream Cheese Frosting.
- It’s 1 pound of (two 8-ounce packages) cream cheese, softened and cut into small pieces.
- It’s 6 tbsp. of unsalted butter, softened and cut into small pieces.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp. of pure vanilla extract.
- You need 5 cups of sifted confectioners' sugar.
My trick is to whip the egg whites, which guarantees a smooth velvet crumb. Top these classic red velvet cupcakes with a tangy cream cheese frosting and serve them at your next birthday party or backyard potluck. Frosted Cupcakes: You can store the frosted cupcakes at room temperature for a few days. These Red Velvet Cupcakes are soft, light, moist, and topped with an easy cream cheese frosting.
Magnolia Bakery Inspired Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting step by step
- Make the Cream Cheese frosting first as It needs 2-3 hours in the refrigerator. In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth, about 3 minutes. Add the vanilla and beat well. Gradually add the sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating continuously until smooth and creamy. Cover and refrigerate icing for 2-3 hours..
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and lightly flour 2 cupcake pans for 24 cupcakes OR prepare 24 cupcake paper and place them in the pan..
- To make the batter: In a small bowl, sift the cake flour and set aside. In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until very light and fluffy, about 5 minutes..
- Add the eggs, one at a time,beating well after each addition. In a small bowl, whisk together the red coloring, cocoa, and vanilla. Add to the batter and beat well..
- In a measuring cup, stir the the buttermilk and add to the batter in three parts alternating with the flour. With each addition, beat until the ingredients are incorporated, but do not overbeat..
- In a small bowl, stir together the cider vinegar and baking soda. Add to the batter and mix well. Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the batter in the bowl, making sure the ingredients are well blended and the batter is smooth..
- Divide the batter among the prepared pans and bake the cupcakes until a tester comes out clean, about 20 minutes..
- Bring the frosting out and using a pump OR just a spreading knife spread the cream cheese on the cupcakes and enjoy!.
These cupcakes are buttery, moist, soft, and taste just like a classic red velvet cupcake. I topped these cupcakes with a simple cream cheese frosting, but I've included. Magnolia Bakery Weekly Cupcake – German Chocolate: Our German chocolate cake is made with a blend of semi-sweet and unsweetened chocolate and finished with coconut caramel pecan icing. Red Velvet cake with whipped vanilla icing. Ha – apparently, my friends and I cannot. 🙂 I ended up making two batches of red velvet cupcakes to take to a handful of events with friends this And then for those like me, hearing anything having to do with "cream cheese frosting" just seals the deal.