Oatmeal carmelitas. Oatmeal Carmelitas. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. A chewy chocolate filling rests on an oatmeal-brown sugar crust in these winning bars. Oatmeal Carmelitas. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
Oatmeal carmelitas are filled with caramel and chocolate, sandwiched in between a wonderful mixture of oatmeal and brown sugar. This is one of the best cookie recipes around. These Oatmeal Carmelitas are the best ever! You can have Oatmeal carmelitas using 11 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Oatmeal carmelitas
- You need of CRUST.
- It’s of all purpose flour.
- It’s of quick cooking rolled oats.
- Prepare of firmly packed light brown sugar.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of butter.
- You need of FILLING.
- Prepare of smuckers Caramel spoonable ice cream topping.
- It’s of flour.
- Prepare of package(6 oz) of semi sweet chocolate chips.
- You need of chopped nuts.
An oatmeal cookie base with a thick layer of caramel, chocolate chips and butterscotch chips. You're going to be hooked after one bite! Oatmeal Carmelitas are the best cookies ever. Filled with gooey caramel & oozing chocolate, these Carmelitas are one of my favorite all time desserts!
Oatmeal carmelitas instructions
- heat oven to 350°.
- grease a 13×9 " pan.
- lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- in a large bowl, combine all crust ingredients and mix at slow speed intil crumbly.
- reserve half of the mixture( about 3 cups) for topping..
- press remaining crumb mixture into bottom of greased pan..
- bake at 350°for 10 min.
- meanwhile, in small bowl, combine caramel topping and 3 tablespoons of flour; blend well!.
- remove partially baked crust from oven..
- sprinkle with chocolate chips and nuts.
- drizzle evenly with caramel mixure; then sprinkle with the reserved crumb mixture..
- return to oven; bake for an additional 18 to 22 min..
- or until golden brown.
- take out of the oven and let cool for 1 hour, completely cooled.
- theh refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours, then cut into bars.
I have such a weakness for anything made with. Oatmeal Carmelitas are a super easy to make bar recipe with a gooey caramel and chocolate middle. The crust and the topping are made out of the same mixture of flour, oats, brown sugar, and butter. Carmelitas have always been one of my favorite bars. How funny is it that I had never made my own before?